WTB: tube preamp for second system

HarryO

Hi, I'm looking for a fair to decent tube preamp for my second system (bedroom). Need bass and treble control and at least one input for cd player or tuner. I don't need anything fancy or pretty, just solid and quiet. I'm running a pair of Triad tranny homemades with 6L6. Price? Well, as inexpensive as I can get a good working item for.

Thanks,

HarryO

Indy

Thanks Larry,

Josh is supposed to ship it today. I've been running an old Lafayette integrated tuber until I find a good tube pre. The old Lafayette is ok but well underpowered, and the mono amps have a deep sweet kick and sound much better at low volume late night. It's too hard to relax while reading with SS pre's late night. Thanks again Josh,

HarryO

Thanks Larry,

Josh is supposed to ship it today. I've been running an old Lafayette integrated tuber until I find a good tube pre. The old Lafayette is ok but well underpowered, and the mono amps have a deep sweet kick and sound much better at low volume late night. It's too hard to relax while reading with SS pre's late night. Thanks again Josh,

HarryO

I use a PAS 3( I rebuilt myself) with an Dynaco ST70 (modified by NOS VALVES) falong with a pair of Heresy II in my bedroom and it is a wonderful system. I hate to mojo it but it's been totally trouble free fo a couple of years now too. Turn it on, turn it off. I think you'll like the PAS. Hard to find a nice tube preamp in that price range.

I agree totally. Josh has been great and filled a need at a more than fair offering price. I have a Pas-3 in storage but it has some issues. The sockets are shot and 1 side is down. I thought about buying a new board set for it but it needs a new volume pot and completely gone through. It's a project when I have nothing else going on. BTW, anyone know anything about these new board sets offered on Ebay?

HarryO

The Pas 2 preamp came in today. I checked to make sure nothing shook loose in shipping, warmed it up, and it sounds great. Packed well and shiipped fast. Thank you again Josh,

HarryO

BTW, I think you have more items I would like to have. Shoot me an email!!!