Technics SU-8600 Integrated Amp

tom b. 57

Got another piece I'm interested in. This thing was built in the '70s and is rated at 73 watts per channel. The seller is asking $125.00. I believe this is a bit rarer to come across than the Sansui AU-X301. I am thinking the quality may be better too. Any comments, oppinions or words of wisdom to pass along to me. I do appreciate all the input I can get. My knowledge of stereo equipment is limited and I hope you guys and gals can shed some light on this subject. I am not very familiar with Technics stuff and am not sure of the value.

Tom

Speaking of rare....I saw a sansui tube amp on ebay last night.   Tube amps and tube recievers from Sansui or Pioneer are extremely rare and for some reason, typically were mainly sold in asia.

Don't let the Technics name fool you.................Good Audio products.....used to own a technics amp, it was nice, just alittle under-powered, didn't sell it because I didn't like it, wanted more power to run less efficient speakers...............Some one posted once the Technics receiver with 300 watts per, what a beast.......................