Any idea of what this crossover came out of?????

Don't know

It's a 2 way crossover

Zooming in on the photo, it looks like the inductor has a date in 1945.   Intrestingly, it looks like it's wound using standard wire.

The tag when blown up, appears to say klipsch & associates

I think it is a three way. Note that there are four wire pairs on the terminal block. That would be one pair for the input and three for the outputs.

There might be two caps there, stacked.

There are enough parts to make it an A or any of the Heritage using that topology. Does the value of the inductor indicate one or the others. A closer look at the taps used on the autotransformer would be a good indicator as would be cap values.

Gil

I think it is a three way. Note that there are four wire pairs on the terminal block. That would be one pair for the input and three for the outputs.

There might be two caps there, stacked.

There are enough parts to make it an A or any of the Heritage using that topology. Does the value of the inductor indicate one or the others. A closer look at the taps used on the autotransformer would be a good indicator as would be cap values.

Gil

Yea, I think it's 3-way too....if it came outta something like a khorn or lascala, I wonder if the bass bin was left to roll off naturally by itself?

One thought is about the empty field at the left side of the breadboard. It looks to me that maybe there was another inductor there of about the same physical size. Hard to tell. Are their some scars on the wood showing screw holes?

Bob C recently put up a schematic and picture of an early CW X-over. Granted the picture by Bob C. show a more modern implementation that what we have here. But, please note the schematic shows a passband design of the midrange, i.e. one with an inductor. So the schematic shows two inductors. One for the mid (with cap) and one for the woofer.

Dr. Who asked about letting the woofer run open (I've only read about that being done on a K-Horn, fwiiw.) Maybe the woofer inductor on the subject breadboard is missing. Or the missing inductor is for the mid, making it more like an A.

I can't really make out the lettering on the label. I don't doubt it says Klipsch. It seems a bit odd to me it is in such good shape. Perhaps a re-creation?

Gil

I think there are two caps. They are the same physical size, and therefore I'll guess they are the same value.

We have one 2.5 mH inductor. Per my previous post, there might have been an additional one, initially.

That fits the Heresy (2 uF caps) but the whole set up looks earlier. The board looks like mahogany veneer.

I'll bet a nickel on a Shorthorn - Rebel.

Gil