• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know what is happening. i tried to upload a picture, but the

server kept providing me with an error message (should have been my

first clue). now, i'm shown as the most recent poster, but i get the

same error message when i try to view page 11!? maybe this post will

help, but for now i can't see what i posted, or how many times...

don't know what is happening. i tried to upload a picture, but the server kept providing me with an error message (should have been my first clue). now, i'm shown as the most recent poster, but i get the same error message when i try to view page 11!? maybe this post will help, but for now i can't see what i posted, or how many times...

Yup actually you did upload an image but it's filename was not a valid windows filename. The file the forum got was named 1:1.jpg, where in windows a colon is an invalid character in a filename.

Now frankly, the forum software should catch that and parse the character out of the filename, and rename the file on the fly. At least In a multi-platform file upload scenario, like a web forum is, I'd think that would be the case. However it isn't so it's a bug.

Please if you're not using windows, please rename any files you upload so that they don't have special characters in them.

This microsoft KB entry has a list of characters that are illegal in windows filenames.

The thread should be working fine now. Sorry that it was broken for so long...

Oh and since it's the topic...you can view a picture of me here. [:)]

Paladin, What NO speakers??

Welcome to the Machine indeed! You have mail btw.

Michael

heh...I'm getting ready to move into a new house. I'll take some pictures of my rig once I get squared away. That picture was taken in my room at my parent's house. Note the hip 1974 couch I'm sitting on [:P]

A regular deer in the headlights ain't he, get how that rocket went right through his head and he didn't even flinch, boys got some good stuff[:o] He's got limited slip but it's not in his differential[;)]

I am the Walrus Coo Coo Ka Chew[H]

......Paul is realy dead.......

Seti's post in "show me your racks" was sooooo over the top that I couldn't even reply. I tryed, but was LMAO too much to type. What a great display of the male torso[:D] After seeing that photo, I will dedicate myself to the gym. (again)

Not to diss. If I had a bod like Seti's, I would show it too.[H]

tc

don't know what is

happening. i tried to upload a picture, but the server kept providing

me with an error message (should have been my first clue). now, i'm

shown as the most recent poster, but i get the same error message when

i try to view page 11!? maybe this post will help, but for now i can't

see what i posted, or how many times...

Yup actually you did upload an image but it's filename was

not a valid windows filename. The file the forum got was named

1:1.jpg, where in windows a colon is an invalid character in a filename.

Now frankly, the forum software should catch that and parse the

character out of the filename, and rename the file on the fly. At least

In a multi-platform file upload scenario, like a web forum

is, I'd think that would be the case. However it isn't so it's a bug.

Please if you're not using windows, please rename any files you upload so that they don't have special characters in them.

This microsoft KB entry has a list of characters that are illegal in windows filenames.

The thread should be working fine now. Sorry that it was broken for so long...

Oh and since it's the topic...you can view a picture of me here. [:)]

Thanks

for the help! I'll do my best to name my files appropriately in the

future, and to never use what I have learned for evil purposes...

1:1 was the ratio of bags to staples.

C

• Moderators

don't know what is happening. i tried to upload a picture, but the server kept providing me with an error message (should have been my first clue). now, i'm shown as the most recent poster, but i get the same error message when i try to view page 11!? maybe this post will help, but for now i can't see what i posted, or how many times...

Hey, the same thing happened to me when I tried to upload a picture to this thread the other day. I kept getting the OOPS message, and I couldn't view page 11. I guess my pic got "lost in space" somewhere.[*-)]

I did ask Mr. Colter to post two pics for me, since I couldn't do it, I wonder where Michael is?[:^)]

Thanks for the help! I'll do my best to name my files appropriately in the future, and to never use what I have learned for evil purposes...

Please no evil! LOL...[:D]

But seriously if I find someone habitually and maliciously breaking threads with improper filename attachments (untill it's fixed at some point) that will result in a ban.[6]

Phil,

That is a question she askes herself from time to time....and yes - to my eyes she is hot even after 23 years together.

Otherwise - I had hair then - I still have the same amount of hair too - it just all moved south. I am going to have to learn to walk on my hands at this rate!!!