Need recommendation for plasma stand that will accomodate RC-7

Hifidelity

Hello Everybody,

I'm a long term owner of many Klipsch products (and frequent visitor to this forum) who could use a recommendation for a 50" plasma TV stand that has a center shelf that will accomodate the 9" height of my RC-7 center channel (the center channel must be located on the center shelf as wall mounting of the TV is not an option). My research has revealed that most center shelves of the popular plasma TV stands (Sanus, Bello, Salamandar, etc.) will not accomodate the RC-7 center channel. I've discovered that most center shelf clearances top out at around 8" (one exception being the modular stands offered by Lovan). I'm sure that this problem has been addressed by other RC-7 owners and I would greatly appreciate any advice or direction.

Thanks!

I recently bought a Sony SXRD and didn't care for the silver finish on the Sony stand. I looked around and found that the price of practically all TV stands are too high. I ended up buying a Mitsubishi MB52B stand. It is black and has an adjustable center glass shelf. I have my Klipsch KSP-C6 on that shelf with plenty of room for upward tilt of the center speaker. I can measure the maximum adjustment height if you're interested.

Also, the top of the TV stand is routed for the foot of the matching Mitsubishi TV. That would not work with my Sony 50" so I bought a 4X2 piece of 1/2" sanded plywood and cut it to fit the recess making the top surface flat. Painted it black. Looks good, even the wife was happy.

Check the Mitsubishi site under accessories I think it is. The are good PDF drawings and dimentions of this stand. It ain't cheap but it will accomplish exactly what you want, which is exactly what I wanted.

Good Luck.

Keith

Thanks for the input everybody. I have considered building my own plasma stand as I did with my audio rack. However, I was hoping to get a solution right out of the box, so to speak. Once I settle on a stand I'll update the forum with my choice. The RC-7 is easily one of the biggest center speaks (formerly) on the market and I think that most stand manufacturers did not contemplate a minimum 9" clearance for the center shelf.

I considered that model when I first visited the Sanus site. Ultimately, the platform design does not suit my eye aesthedically nor does it complement the arts and crafts furniture in my living room. I subsequently corresponded with Sanus and they confirmed that they do not manufacture a traditional plasma TV stand (four legs/two shelves ) that will accomodate a 9" center channel on the center shelf. The only exception is their model designed to support 65" plasmas. Thanks for advice.