Klipsch Industrial LaScala cabinet plans

DMD1957

Some years ago I purchased a pair of Klipsch Industrial LaScala bass bins (without the drivers). I have now aquired via eBay, original drivers & crossovers for the said enclosures & intend to finish the project with the completion of a pair of original spec Industrial LaScalas. I'm looking for the cabinet measurements for the upper horn enclosures. Does anyone have, or can obtain & remit these measurements ?

measured and photographed today. Give me some time to merge the two into a couple of nice documents to post here. Here's some numbers for ya though. This should be enought to get you started.

Overall outside dimensions are 24 wide at the front, 5 3/8 rear, a side is 26 1/2 and the front to back is 24 3/4. Total height is 12 3/4. Remember that these dimensions are for my LSI's with BG, that is black fibreglass with the aluminum edges. It is all 3/4" ply except the baffle board which is only 1/2"!

These exactly match my LSI bass bins which are finished the same. So depending on your bass bins, you might need to reduce these measurements by 3/16 or so to make up for two thicknesses of aluminum trim. I photographed each side so you could get an idea where to place handle and jack cup (opposite sides, near where the throat of the horn would be.

The photos show some construction details, like the removeable front baffle board which measures 9 3/4 x 22. The horns are located on the horizontal center with 77 cutouts at 1/2" and 2(?)", 55 cutouts at 3 1/4 and 9 as measured from the top. There are three of the 1 1/2 x 5/8 rubber feet near each of the corners. These can be ordered from Parts Express.

Saw em LIVE after the Three of a Perfect Pair LP. What DVD are you speaking of? There is a really bad quality one from Japan, I don't know of anything recent.

Still have the photos, will get posted soon. Any particular view you need for now?

btw, remember to chamfer back the side edges of the motor board so it fits in nicely. the 22" is across the front, the back side would be about 21 across.

I'm referring to the 2004 release of: King Crimsons' Neal and Jack and Me which has decent videos of: Three Of A Perfect Pair - Live in Japan 1984 & The Noise - Live in Frejus 1982. The sound quality is good, but the video production standards are low. Still a worthwhile DVD, at least as a period piece. Go to: www.disciplineglobalmobile.com for further info. And if you email me your mailing address I'll see what I can do. As for the cabinets, can you post the front baffle view for now, thanks, Dan.

I've been aquiring the materials to complete this Klipsch project & all's going well. I would also like to know what the fuse ratings are for the upper horns & lower LF unit (marked on the upper jack panel) ? I'm going to be very busy over the next two weeks completing this project & my income tax return, etc, etc; but I'll email you when I send out that package, Dan.