2ga. speaker wire

If anyone wants to "go for the gusto" on speaker wires, I have some nice Anderson SB-350 fork lift battery connectors. Wire size can be up to 2/0 in these things. I even have them in blue, gray and red. Pretty sure the blue ones are considered "audiophile quality".

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819329839418_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the Anderson connectors are favorites around here. The fact that they are genderless is great. Here are the 50 amp (AWG 6) 175 amp (AWG 1/0) and the 350 amp (AWG 2/0). I use a lot of these things on the stuff we sell (battery chargers).

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819329840068_thumb.jpg

If anyone wants to "go for the gusto" on speaker wires, I have some nice Anderson SB-350 fork lift battery connectors. Wire size can be up to 2/0 in these things. I even have them in blue, gray and red. Pretty sure the blue ones are considered "audiophile quality".

Bob Crites

Now that's funny Bob! Of course, in an audiophile application the cost is perhaps 50x that of its other intended use!

BEC,

I hope you aren't really putting a 350 amp load on 2/O! You're pretty close on 1/O (170 amp for 90 degree copper) and even alittle low on the # 6 (75 amp for 90 degree copper).

Just a friendly jab! Now go burn your house down!

I doubt anything thicker than 10ga is needed. I have some speaker cables as thick as a snake but that is to make me feel better than the next guy who uses less thick wires. [:P]

2ga would be a total waste unless you have a dozen TC Sounds LMS-5400's powered by a Krell MRA into a load near 1Ohm(where the amp can deliver 16000W(yes 16 kilowatts) RMS!).Then maybe you could almost justify it.

Just for grins and giggles I grabbed a mic.

My normal coat hanger in the office closet is .090" diameter. I checked some 10 gage electrical wire, .104".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge

That site has a nice chart wire AWG and diameters, 2 gage is right at .25, or 1/4" Pretty dang fat.

Fat speaker wire. I'm in heaven.

Is fat a technical term?

I doubt anything thicker than 10ga is needed. I have some speaker cables as thick as a snake but that is to make me feel better than the next guy who uses less thick wires. [:P]

2ga would be a total waste unless you have a dozen TC Sounds LMS-5400's powered by a Krell MRA into a load near 1Ohm(where the amp can deliver 16000W(yes 16 kilowatts) RMS!).Then maybe you could almost justify it.

Hey, that's exactly what I have in my system !!!!