I surprised myself today - I pulled the trigger on a used DAC.

Guest " "

So here is what we have.

On the left set of switches....notice the numbers across one side and the word open on the other side...so if the side closest to the numbers is pushed down that means closed...the side closest to the word open push down that meand open

1=o

2=o

3=o

4=o

5=o

6=o

7=o

8=o

9=o

10=0

11=c

12=c

continuing on to the right set of switches...notice that the switches are oposite of the first...the word open is on the other side.

1=c

2=o

3=o

4=c

5=o

6=o

7=o

8=o

9=c

10=0

11=c

12=c

kaiser SET

Ok, take your time...no rush...it's working...just have some concerns over the heavy switch use....seems to me someone had a few beers and could not decide what the settings should be. If you double click on photo 001 (the full shot), you'll see what I mean.

mas,

The technology. When one records HDCD, or puts an HDCD decoder in a player (and adds the "HDCD" logo, one pays royalty to Microsoft. From Wikipedia on HDCD: "Currently, Microsoft, the owners of HDCD technology, have removed all information about it from their website."

Leo

mas, The technology. When one records HDCD, or puts an HDCD decoder in a player (and adds the "HDCD" logo, one pays royalty to Microsoft. From Wikipedia on HDCD: "Currently, Microsoft, the owners of HDCD technology, have removed all information about it from their website." Leo

Leo,

I think there was some confusion because you used the term 'SACD' which is unrelated to HDCD.

Mark

Zuzu, those are just the ones left that still have that technology in them. I don't think (but don't quote me) that HDCD is offered anymore on new products and I think most recorders have stopped using the technology (don't know if it has anything to do with MS) but there are a lot of stuff that was released in HDCD before it went defunct[;)]

I was just listening to The Fine Young Cannibals "The Finest" last night and soon as I popped it in my HDCD light lit up on my DSP7000, as I mentioned before these recordings sound as good if not better than a lot of SACD IMO[:D]

Very helpful, my switch bank on the left has been reset.

I read somewhere the switch #12 if enabled, bypasses a feature...but after I obtained the DAC...could no longer find the site that explained the by pass.

The bank on my right, looks like has been very busy in resets as well.

Thanks a million...I owe you one.

I just got off the phone with Greg Noble.

The toggle switches in the middle of the board are for RCA out and the other bank behind your XLR's is the XLR bank.

Set your RCA bank just like mine or you can have switch 12 up also which will give you 6db autenuation (sp)! He said they are independant of each other so unless you use RCA's it should not matter[^o)]

He said to set your XLR bank to have 1, 4, 9 & 12 up. This looks close to what you types on page two for your settings except you also showed 11 up and he said to move it back down so that the only ones up on the XLR bank are 1, 4, 9 & 12. Hope this helps. Buy the way this is what I tyraded my EAD set for[;)] Dang good balanced unit in it's own right but I had to have seperates and I love EAD products, really good digital IMHO[:D]

post-18681-13819330525438_thumb.jpg