I'm new here. $600 budget.

peshewah

I have a $600 budget and I'm looking for Klipsch floorstand speaker. I read a lot of info on this forum but there is still a lot of things that you good people know that I haven't read so I come here for help. My current system is (please don't laugh) Denon AVR 1803, 85 watts per channel. RSX 5's front channel, Pair of RSX 3's center channel, and a Klipsch IFI Ipod subwoofer.......well for my sub. Gotta love that system! LOL. Anyway, when my family goes to town I like to listen to my music as loud as I can. I also watch a few movies. I just got a call from a retailer and he said he could get me RF 82's for $360 each which is a little out of my budget. He can also get RF 62's for $250 each. But he has none in stock. He has no Reference speakers in stock and thats why he sells them cheaper. So I guess I can't listen to them before I buy them. One more thing, I am wanting to building a HT a little at a time. The price of the RF 62's sound good to me. Carlo Santana is my hero. A little input would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hey, my friend has the Denon 1803 running RF-7s and it works great with them! Don't be ashamed of your setup, at least its Klipsch!

If you want new speakers, I think you're on track with the RF-62s as they will allow you to build on them for a killer setup in the future.

Otherwise if you don't mind the thrill of the hunt for 'vintage' Klipsch, a pair of Heresy or Forte speakers might fit the bill at the $600 range.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the Klipsch as they are a great speaker for rock music and Carlos S. [:P] Lots of experienced people around here that own many, many different models in the klipsch line for when you find a set and have a more specific question. Maybe used is something you could consider to save some bucks. www.audiogon.com Stick around and enjoy the good stuff.

I used to have the RSX 5's and they would put out lots of sound for their size. Everybody started out somewhere, I still have my 45 watt Denon and it works fine.

If Quartets are like KG 2s then threes sales on eBay average $347.

Four dozen Heresy pair sales on eBay, in 2004 and 2006, sell from $200 to $590, establishing the average value at $405. Shipping averages $80.

Fortes I and IIs are similar to Chorus models, though less-sensitive, and roll off slowly below 200Hz. In 2004, a half-dozen pairs sold on eBay from a remarkable $158 to a high of $930. In 2006, a few moderate sales lowered the average to $550. Shipping averages $100.

The Chorus uses a 15" woofer, but although only to 39Hz instead of the 12" Forte woofer at 32Hz. Chorus sound much like Cornwalls, but with a narrow, more modern looking, practical cabinet. The Chorus are larger and weigh 22 more pounds than Fortes. Klipsch specs show Chorus above <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall models, with the same sensitivity, but less of a fall below 50Hz. Chorus are cheap to the market compared to Cornwalls. On eBay sales in 2004 and spring 2006, Chorus sales average $559, with shipping at $215.

I don't know much about Hz but it sounds interesting. You guys know your stuff. I will learn.Do you think the RF 62's are worth the money($500 a pair)? Will I be able to tell a big difference between RSX 5's and the RF 62's? For me, like others, money is hard to come by, so a 5 year guarentee look good over used.You see, I caught this bug and I have to have better sound. I can't explain it. Espically to my wife.

always buy the most speaker you can. look around at audiogon, ebay, craigs list, places like that. the rf-82's are not that far out of budget. if you save for a few more months you can get them. the warrenty is a good selling point but if you ask around people here have speakers from the 70's and they still work great. i bought mine around 10years ago and they all work great. these speakers are not cheaply made, they will last a lifetime. both speakers are good, maybe someone one will chime in that has owned both of them and let you know how they compare.

I don't know much about Hz but it sounds interesting. You guys know your stuff. I will learn.Do you think the RF 62's are worth the money($500 a pair)? Will I be able to tell a big difference between RSX 5's and the RF 62's? For me, like others, money is hard to come by, so a 5 year guarentee look good over used.You see, I caught this bug and I have to have better sound. I can't explain it. Espically to my wife.

Hz is a measurement of frequency (sound) produced by the driver\speaker. The lower the number (20Hz) the more bass, the higher the number (22,000Hz or 22kHz) the higher the treble of shrill frequencies produced. Most quality speakers can do the high frequencies, almost all speakers struggle with the lower frequencies, especially below 80Hz. This is a very crude explanation but I hope it provides a clearer picture for you.

$500 is a good price and you will be able to tell a big difference, especially in the lower frequencies (bass). As others have stated, warranties are nice but Klipsch makes reference (reference usually refers to a very high standard others are judged by) speakers that last generations and is usually not a top consideration.

Once you upgrade, you may find that everthing else in your system is starting to show its non-reference quality, including some of your favorite CDs. It happens and is not the speakers.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress. You have come to the right place. Lots of very knowledgable people here who know their stuff and know how to behave on the internet (added bonus IMO).

Where are you located? I have a very nice pair of black RF-82 I'm asking $500 for. If you are near the Mississippi Gulf Coast, delivery would be easy. I could get them as far as Pensacola, FL or New Orleans. They are too big to ship as I don't have the original boxes. I do have the owners manual.

• Moderators

That's a great deal Fastlane, I hope he lives close enough to get them, At that price he should be willing to drive a long way ?

Fastlane, just wanted to say Thank You, for turning me on to my first pair of Forte ll's from the guy in Kenner .[:D]

I now have 6 of them for HT. [Y]

EDIT : I could have sworn I hit edit not quote, I didn't mean to quote myself ! [:$]

Thanks for explaining about the Hz's.Its a little more clear now. And thanks for all the great responses. I get excited just talking about it. And to Fastlane, 82 sounds better than 62 no matter how you look at it. Used speakers don't scare me at all. I would buy those F82's, But I live a few miles south of Springfield Missouri. But thanks anyway and thank you for your time. Right now I'm waiting for Friday to roll around so I can get a day off and I'll put my money down on something that that has a Klipsch signature.

That's a great deal Fastlane, I hope he lives close enough to get them, At that price he should be willing to drive a long way ?

Fastlane, just wanted to say Thank You, for turning me on to my first pair of Forte ll's from the guy in Kenner .[:D]

I now have 6 of them for HT. [Y]

EDIT : I could have sworn I hit edit not quote, I didn't mean to quote myself ! [:$]

That's ok Dtel, sometimes you say good stuff that bears repeating.[Y] I had no idea that someone else had turned you on to the Forte's in the first place. now THERE"S a story of the Madness gitting ahold 'o ya!

• Moderators

Well when I was wanting to move into some of the older style Klipsch, I was really thinking about using Heresy's for a HT.

I was asking questions about Heresy's for the HT here on the forum, because of the size I thought it would be a easy fit.

I was actually looking for some I just never said anything, That's when Fastlane said he knew about some Forte ll's from a man 1.5 hours from me for sale . And Fastlane knew the man, and that made me feel a little better, since I had never bought anything off eBay. I knew nothing about the Forte ll, so I looked them up and thought they would work. I had never heard a Forte ll, not even when I picked them up, they were sitting by the front door when I got there .

Well I loved them and was on Christys butt to help find some more, which took a long time, I was really wanting more so I could use one a a center and have the front 3 matching, Because that's what I kept reading about, how important it was for the front 3 to match.

That's when you, Michael gave me you spot in line for the pair in Florida, that was it I was hooked for sure. When I heard what 3 matching in the front sounded like then I had to have a third pair, you know, it's the Madness, like someone around here says ! I found a third pair by accident myself, but they are original Fortes, but good enough for rears, for now at least .

They run circles around the Synergy's I had bought new, and I thought they sounded great when I bought them. The Synergys sounded better than any of the others I was looking at from other companies in that price range.

Now I know what you all are talking about, when they say them, big old wood boxes, You can't beat them. [;)]

Well when I was wanting to move into some of the older style Klipsch, I was really thinking about using Heresy's for a HT.

I was asking questions about Heresy's for the HT here on the forum, because of the size I thought it would be a easy fit.

I was actually looking for some I just never said anything, That's when Fastlane said he knew about some Forte ll's from a man 1.5 hours from me for sale . And Fastlane knew the man, and that made me feel a little better, since I had never bought anything off eBay. I knew nothing about the Forte ll, so I looked them up and thought they would work. I had never heard a Forte ll, not even when I picked them up, they were sitting by the front door when I got there .

Well I loved them and was on Christys butt to help find some more, which took a long time, I was really wanting more so I could use one a a center and have the front 3 matching, Because that's what I kept reading about, how important it was for the front 3 to match.

That's when you, Michael gave me you spot in line for the pair in Florida, that was it I was hooked for sure. When I heard what 3 matching in the front sounded like then I had to have a third pair, you know, it's the Madness, like someone around here says ! I found a third pair by accident myself, but they are original Fortes, but good enough for rears, for now at least .

They run circles around the Synergy's I had bought new, and I thought they sounded great when I bought them. The Synergys sounded better than any of the others I was looking at from other companies in that price range.

Now I know what you all are talking about, when they say them, big old wood boxes, You can't beat them. [;)]

Amen dtel.

I'm not really from Mo, I was raised in NE Oklahoma. So I have no relitives or friend in Arkansas. If you don't want to mess with shipping, I fully understand. But if you don't mind shipping them, then I'm ready to get the ball rolling. Paypal, Phone Number, Email? I'm ready my friend. My email is peshewah@yahoo.com. I would like to put my money down on something by Friday evening. If I can't get the RF82's from you then I'll pay on the RF62's on Friday or else it will be another week before I can make it to town.