Sound Quality of CD's on A High Quality SACD Player

zuzu

I have an excellent Audio Research CD 1 player about 25 years old. It sounds great. I have ,as far as I know, zero SACD's in my collection.If I got a high quality SACD player and played regular CD's on it, how would it compare in sound quality to my ARC CD player playing the same CD's?

IME its the DACs that have the impact on soundnot the transport. That said a SACD player will open your horizons to SACDs which do sound better on average than CDs.

Precisely why I transfer all my digital to HDD using a 15.00 transport and put my money into a first class DAC in the computer. DAC's at the level of Card Deluxe or my ESI come in CD players in the kilobuck range where you are paying for a lot of mechanics and such that have absolutely 0 impact on the sound...though they can really LOOK pretty.

Dave

SACD's another pit to throw your money away in..............................

OB Youre my kinda guy! Just a bit on the curmudgeon-esque side, huh?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I love it!!!

Rob (who is both an old geezer and curmudgeon!)

SACD's another pit to throw your money away in..............................

OB Youre my kinda guy! Just a bit on the curmudgeon-esque side, huh?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I love it!!!

Rob (who is both an old geezer and curmudgeon!)

What would you expect from another ROB ?????????? We're the Old Men the Who use to sing about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SACD's can sound better but it is another money pit. Since no one won the DVD Audio vs. SACD war, I just went straight to music videos though I have a universal player. You have to be careful because audio can be compromised but many DVDs are excellent in both sound and video quality.