Receiver Upgrade Questions.

Buzz

Just got a set of New Klipsch RF-7s which are incredible. Couple questions on my current rig though. I'm currently running them off a Yamaha HTR-5960 which i already know isn't the best combo for these out there. Its only temporary. The receiver i'm using has Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels and also has Pre/outs. If i use the pre/outs i'm basically using the receiver as a sound and video processor right? I hear alot of talk about different sound characteristics of equipment whether they are smooth or harsh. I think the treble on my yamaha tends to be a bit high. Looking to get something a little smoother. My question is this. Which component generally carries these characteristics. Is it the pre proccessor, amp, combination of both? The Burr-brown DACs from what i've read are very decent so i was hoping to salvage something out of the yamaha. I may also be interested in going with a Tube amp which i hear work very well with these. I was looking at the Onix SP3 from av123.com @ http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=processors&product=26.1 which gets rave review and is very reasonable priced. Can this tube amp be connected to the pre/outs of my yamaha? Anyone ever try that combination? Also tube outputs tend to be low. That Onix only puts out 38 watts. My yamaha puts out 115 and there are many monoblocks out there putting out 200+. RF7s are good for 250. Is wattage output directly related to sound quality and volume? Trying to understand and make a logical next choice on where i need upgrade. Anyone able to help put all this technical jargon into perspective?