Questions answered - Jubilee Sparrow's and humming birds

Guest " "

I've sent a few emails and have not got a reply yet.....how does one get pricing info on a set of Jubilee Sparrows?   

Also, I am sure, there is a Jubilee senero that uses a tweeter, which I will call a humming bird...which klipsch theater tweeter driver is best suited for that role?  Pricing options?

I'm a 3-way person and would want to go that route reguardless of the popular view.

Who is the go to person for this info?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I'm a 3-way person and would want to go that route reguardless of the popular view."

You might want to listen to it as a two way before making statements like that.

Shawn 

I did already....still want to do 3-way.

The initial question was who is the go to person to obtain ordering info?

sfogg

Do me a favor....stay out of my thread...if you don't know the answer...don't feel compelled to respond with BS.

Others have obtained drivers with out ordering a complete system from a dealer.

It's either one for all or all for none.

I'd prefer to deal with corporate head quarters rather than a dealer.

BS? If you want a 3-way Jubilee then Shawn's reply was absolutely the correct answer!

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-jubilee-535.aspx

400x400.aspx

This is the 3-way version of the Jubilee and going through a pro-cinema dealer is the standard approach. Heck, I believe when 6foot8 purchased them that he also went through a local dealer? I forget now. The K69 driver is normally run on the tweeter in this arrangement and there is a different driver behind the squawker (the number splips my mind at the moment). For the Home version, Roy moved the K69 down to the K402 to take advantage of the high frequency extension at the expense of power-handling. In other words, the K69 is already a tweeter driver and the K402 is a tweeter horn. They just both happen to go fricken low.

I'm not sure what this obsession with 3-way is, but if you really wanted to explore that route then I would probably explore something along the lines of running the K402 from 2kHz and up, find a cone loaded midrange horn to do 200-2kHz, and then add a bass bin to fill out the bottom. If your intent is a bit more sparkle in the high-end, then you should find a better driver than the K69. It would be absurd to give up flat power response for beaming highs.

Ya know, now that I think about it....Isn't the tweeter on the Jubilee just a K510 with the K69 driver? Again, sounds like "going 3-way" involves finding a new squawker....not a "better tweeter".

hey speakerfritzy,

no need to get preturbed!! [8-|] i am the contact person if you are interested in getting some components from the theater line. i can hook you up with the right people. yep it's always been ole bodcaw boy!! sorry, i thought everybody knew that......

have a blessed day,

roy

DrWho

What I want is in the question I asked.....this wasn't an opinion thread.

If I want opinions, I know how to ask, and i certainly know what I will get and from whom.

This is a classic example of demographic polarization.....something that I am very good at cutting thru.

Fritz, I suppose you see now that Roy-Boy is the man you want to see.

To the others: I THINK he's looking into perhaps a scaled down version of the Jubilee bass bins (I'm not sure). If that's correct, that is why he's got no interest in the full blown system as suggested above, but rather, the parts for the top half.

I'm not intending on speaking FOR him, just thought I'd make a side comment as to my understanding.

[:D]

Speakerfritz, I have sent you two emails. People are only trying to help.

I hope you're keeping your ear-lobes out of this! [6] (as I read that again I see how someone might perceive that as an ugly comment to Amy... I assure you, it's not and she's aware of the little poke I'm giving her, even if she WON'T admit it in public!! [:^)] )

" If that's correct, that is why he's got no interest in the full blown system as suggested above, but rather, the parts for the top half."

Could be, I read his post as how to buy a three way Jubilee.... hence my answer. Making up terms to describe what one wants (hummingbird?) and then getting pissy when someone didn't give the answer one is looking for isn't very useful.

If one is wanting a K510 with a driver for a midrange and a Klipsch horn tweeter above that I think they would be looking for the KPT-335 HF/MF. But don't listen to me... I only post BS.

Shawn

Shawn,

Hmmm. We talked about this before. I guess I don't know for sure. What I do know is that my original order was for the K-510 and K-69-A, and when Klipsch emailed me for confirmation they had KPT-904-HF in the email.

Then there is JC's order, and Roy asked him what he thought about the "904-HF". But in support of what you're saying, I do have an earlier email from the correspondance between Roy, Chuck, and myself, where Roy says.:

"Deano wants to order a pair of KPT-KHJs, pair of KPT-904-HFs with 69s and he would like to see how much an EV would cost."

It wouldn't make sense for Roy to add, "with 69's" if the assembly already came that way. OTOH, if the KPT-Grand-HF-T is the K-510/K-69-A, then why didn't my original order say that, and why is Roy asking JC what he thinks about the "904-HF"?

At this point, I'm inclined to think that you're right about the 904-HF being a K-510 and DE75, but I don't think the KPT-Grand-HF-T uses the K-510 (though uses the K-69-A).

hey speakerfritzy,

no need to get preturbed!! [8-|] i am the contact person if you are interested in getting some components from the theater line. i can hook you up with the right people. yep it's always been ole bodcaw boy!! sorry, i thought everybody knew that......

have a blessed day,

roy

My apologies Roy, I didn't know you were running interference on the all the current production purchases.