middle speaker

vanguard

Many years ago I purchased a pair of Klipschorns and have used them ever since. I also purchased a LaScala as a middle speaker, but never hooked it up. Now, I have moved to an extremely long room and need to hook up the middle speaker but have absolutely no idea how to do this. I have been using a McIntosh MAC 1700 tube receiver to power my Klipschorns. Can anyone in the Klipsch family please tell me what additional equipment I need (if any), and how to hook up my LaScala. Please keep in mind that I am an old man (70) with limited audio or electrical skills. If you could e-mail me with any suggestions at safewater@acadiacom.net I would greatly appreciate it. Peter Abadie

Vanguard,

What you are describing is an "additive center channel". This can easily be made using radio shack parts for about $10-15 (basically resistors in a plastic box). There is absolutely no reason to pay more! If you (or a friend) are handy with a soldering gun it is an easy DIY project. However you will need an extra amplifier and some interceonnects. Simply do a search on "mini-box" and you will find a schematic. The system you are describing is a perfect candidate for a center channel set up. Keep us posted.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Be nice to your middle speaker, as its like a middle child.

Middleborn children have a diverse range of personalities. The habits of many middleborns are motivated by the fact that they have never been truly in the spotlight. The firstborn always seems to be achieving and pioneering ahead, while the younger sibling is secure in his or her niche as the entertainer of the family.

Middleborn children are often believed to be natural mediators. They tend to have fewer pictures in the family photo album alone, compared to firstborns. Middleborn children may avoid conflict. They may also be highly loyal to the peer group and have many friends.

The middle born child may develop good social skills and have an easier time growing up with an other-centered point of view. It has been suggested that middleborn children are more likely to be entrepreneurs. Karen E. Klein, a Los Angeles-based writer, suggested that a middleborn's innate skills in diplomacy plus their flexibility in ideas make them more successful in entrepreneurship.

The middle child may have an even-temper and a take it or leave it attitude. Alfred Adler (1964) believed that the middle child feels squeezed out of a position of privilege and significance. The child is internally compelled to find peace within the family and may have trouble finding a place or become a fighter of injustice.

Be nice to your middle speaker, as its like a middle child.

Middleborn children have a diverse range of personalities. The habits of many middleborns are motivated by the fact that they have never been truly in the spotlight. The firstborn always seems to be achieving and pioneering ahead, while the younger sibling is secure in his or her niche as the entertainer of the family.

Middleborn children are often believed to be natural mediators. They tend to have fewer pictures in the family photo album alone, compared to firstborns. Middleborn children may avoid conflict. They may also be highly loyal to the peer group and have many friends.

The middle born child may develop good social skills and have an easier time growing up with an other-centered point of view. It has been suggested that middleborn children are more likely to be entrepreneurs. Karen E. Klein, a Los Angeles-based writer, suggested that a middleborn's innate skills in diplomacy plus their flexibility in ideas make them more successful in entrepreneurship.

The middle child may have an even-temper and a take it or leave it attitude. Alfred Adler (1964) believed that the middle child feels squeezed out of a position of privilege and significance. The child is internally compelled to find peace within the family and may have trouble finding a place or become a fighter of injustice.

LMAO...Was this a discussion about adding a third speaker or a Oprah topic.

Here you go, this is a pretty recent thread. I think it has both the schematic and offers to build in case you aren't of the mind to solder it together yourself. Just click on the link below to go to this chat in the 2-channel forum.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/890151.aspx

Lots of good help here. Great bunch of guys. That's why I send a lot of my callers to the Forum.

Thank Fellas! [Y]

Michael