EV TL4025 and TL4050 - Not a Belle

WMcD

Attached are plans for the Electro Voice TL 4025 bass horn (page 1). If you stack two, it becomes the TL 4050 (page 2). I did some scaling and calculations long ago and my notes appear on page 1.

I bring this up becauses someone long ago had posted information on the Klipsch Belle. The configuration claimed therein for the Belle was similar to the 4025. In reality, of course, the Belle is a slightly morphed LaScala with the well known configuration of the LaScala.

It is interesting that the plan view of the TL 4025 shows dimensions almost twice that of the Belle. Therefore the configuration can not be easily adopted unless you're using an 8 inch driver (i.e. half size basket).

Best,

Gil

EV TL 4025 - 4050.pdf

I bring this up becauses someone long ago had posted information on the Klipsch Belle. The configuration claimed therein for the Belle was similar to the 4025. In reality, of course, the Belle is a slightly morphed LaScala with the well known configuration of the LaScala.

It is interesting that the plan view of the TL 4025 shows dimensions almost twice that of the Belle. Therefore the configuration can not be easily adopted unless you're using an 8 inch driver (i.e. half size basket).

Best,

Gil

Gil,

Maybe he was referring to the EV Eliminator, and not the TL4050.

Here's an EV Sentry IV, which is a scaled down (dual 12") version of the TL4050.

post-14184-13819330285252_thumb.jpg

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/permalink/93393/93389/ShowThread.aspx#93389

Well this link was the tale end of exchange of information. I did not recall that so many people corrected Ray G.

But it seems that some folks are still under the impression that there is an extra fold. It comes up now and then.

I can't speak for Ray, naturally. Maybe he saw the EV TL plans and thought the Belles were that way.

Gil

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the plans for the EV TL606 (?), I have two of the single 15" ported for EVM-15L and some EVM 18L drivers around here and would like to finish up the project and get them out of here (since I have better Klipsch PA now).

Thanks

Michael