Phone # for Ebay.

zuzu

I have a number, but am specifically told not to give it out......I'm wondering if the number AMY gave you falls in the same category...basically....I can see the number based on ebay volume transactions....but others can not see it on the help screeens.

Thanks Amy. After waiting on someone to answer for eons I gave up. But they said click on ebay home page and in the top right hand corner there is a place to click called live ??? Once there you choose a category that best fits your problem. Within a few minutes I was chatting 'laborously" with a real person. Not a satifying experience. Good news. Got the job done. BTW pay pal people are illeterate on ebay issues and vice versa. Bad as that was it was the best way.

ZuZu,

This may seem out of line, but can I ask what you wanted the # for? I ask because I thought it might pertain to an auction last night.

There was what appeared to be a very good deal for an entire Klipsch hometheater set-up. I got outbid, but not even 10mins after the auction ends I get this message from the seller saying that the high bidder had backed out and I could still buy them. The seller has Zero feedback, not even 1, which makes me wary. I'm also wondering what happened to the high bidder. I messaged the guy to see if I could get a phone #, or address, but haven't heard back. That's also weird because the guy had been answering my questions very promptly before the auction ended.

It had nothing to do with your situation. But I would get in the live chat under security and ask about it. A very tedious process I might add. You might consider having the seller ship to you and not pay till you get the system delivered and tested. Especially if you have a strong Ebay record since he has none. BTW phone # and address is part of a members registration info. I would not give it out mine,especially the phone #, until I knew who the buyer is and their name and address. You are justified in being concerned.

ZuZu,

This may seem out of line, but can I ask what you wanted the # for? I ask because I thought it might pertain to an auction last night.

There was what appeared to be a very good deal for an entire Klipsch hometheater set-up. I got outbid, but not even 10mins after the auction ends I get this message from the seller saying that the high bidder had backed out and I could still buy them. The seller has Zero feedback, not even 1, which makes me wary. I'm also wondering what happened to the high bidder. I messaged the guy to see if I could get a phone #, or address, but haven't heard back. That's also weird because the guy had been answering my questions very promptly before the auction ended.

That is a scam.

"You might consider having the seller ship to you and not pay till you get the system delivered and tested."

That is what www.escrow.com allows! Simply paying with Paypal and wishing is simply waiting for a problem.

When are folks (at least on this site) going to discover the benefits of www.escrow.com, or must we listen to similar horror stories forever!?

Folks, www.escrow.com avoids and solves these problems of scams and or damaged equipment and/or equipment that does not meet the published descriptions! AND it covers BOTH the seller and buyer's posteriors - and interests!

Be smart...don't get burned.

second chance offer is a well known scam, many people have been taken for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

There is a legit second chance offer deal, but it doesn't come in your email, you'll be notified and find a a message in your ebay messages area. The scammers can't put messages there, on the system can.