Help me decide.

Ricci

This is my first post here, but I've lurked for awhile. Basically my problem is this... I'm looking to buy a pair of Klipsch floorstanders and I need help deciding. They will be used equally for home theater and music(mostly rock/metal/folk).

The contenders are RF-7's, KLF-30's, and CF-4's. I can get all three of these at $800-1100pr. I'm also considering the RF-83's but they are much more expensive, and a little bit more than I would like to spend right now.

If you had to choose what would it be? I'm leaning towards the CF-4's(I think). Are the RF-83's worth paying double the cost of the others for?

I'm looking for advice from those of you with experience with these. I know that this topic has been done before and I already read the other posts.

With a long-term purchase like speakers, "what I'd like to spend right now" is not always the best guideline. What seems pretty extravagant at the moment can be something that enriches your life on a daily basis for years to come. That may sound like an exaggeration, but my La Scalas bring a big smile to my face when I turn them on, which is nearly every day before breakfast, and they improve my day. I feel lucky to own them.

My advice is to buy the speakers you want. You'll have them long after they're paid for, and the price will eventually seem unimportant, but the sound will always be there.

Tomorrow, 4/18/07 , Ovation Audio- which I think is in Louisville, KY is having a buy one get one free sale on the RF 83 each one is 1295.00 -Quite the Deal!......................don't know is your local OA is still a part of the Parent company though..............

Mark Stella
Assistant Manager - Castleton Ovation

317.849.7729 Office
317.514.9720 Cell

Here is a contact that would answer your question.

I'd say in terms of rarity, the CF-4 would be the rarest, followed by the KLF-30 and then the RF-7. Obviously rarity has nothing to do with sound, however. It might help the speakers hold their value better over the long run if you decided to sell them for something else (which I doubt you would)

The CF-4 as I'm sure you know is the d'apolitto (sp?) design where the tweeter is in the middle and there are woofers on the top and bottom of it. I've heard some say that the CF series was one of the most musically accurate speakers that Klipsch ever made. I've never heard one though so I can't comment personally on them.

I just got off of the phone with Mark at Ovation and they do have a Cherry pair of B stocks for $1250. Now my only problem is I'm working until 6pm today and it's a 2 hr drive for me. They close at 9pm. Tonight is a really bad night for me to take an unplanned, minimum 5hr trip. The sale is only for today, tomorrow the prices will go back up. Decisions...decisions...

By the way thanks a bunch for the info Bill, whether I decide to get them or not.

Well I decided to go with the CF-4's and I pick them up tonight. I got a really good price on them and they are only 1hr 45mins away. I can't wait! I've wanted a pair of these since I first heard some in 1995 when I was 15.

By the way, I believe that discounted pair of RF-83's may still be available in Indy if anybody was interested.

Well I decided to go with the CF-4's and I pick them up tonight. I got a really good price on them and they are only 1hr 45mins away. I can't wait! I've wanted a pair of these since I first heard some in 1995 when I was 15.

By the way, I believe that discounted pair of RF-83's may still be available in Indy if anybody was interested.

Did you grab the CF-4's from southside Ovation Audio in Indy? if so they are in really nice shape, just need a little dusting.

Did you grab the CF-4's from southside Ovation Audio in Indy? if so they are in really nice shape, just need a little dusting.

So Ovation in Indy may still have a pair of RF-83's on the cheap and a pair of CF-4's collecting dust in the corner?

What finish were the CF-4's, and did they seem to be in solid condition? Price?

I may have to give them a call[^o)].

They dropped the price of the C-4's to $300.00 each and I could not see any scratches gouges or any blemishes. Seems like they were a light color, maybe oak or something with even less grain. I heard them with a small NAD integrated and they sounded fine to me. Not sure about the price of the 83's.