Private Message Inbox Link - New Message Count Indicator

Paladin

Now when you have new private messages the count of them will appear next to "Inbox" in parens in the header.

However if you have no new private messages then nothing is displayed next to "Inbox" in the header, although you may still have old private messages which you have already read.

A few people were requesting this, hopefully this will help to manage PM's.

A nice and very useful feature! Thank you!

But I have a question:

My inbox total shows a message that is unread, but upon examining the inbox (and making sure all messages are queried - including those that may be outside of the displayed date range, etc.), it still shows one unread...Where do I find that sucker?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

"My inbox total shows a message that is unread, but upon examining the inbox (and making sure all messages are queried - including those that may be outside of the displayed date range, etc.), it still shows one unread...Where do I find that sucker?"

Check your view options...the default is 2 months....if you change the view to show all, and apply temporary, you will see all messages, rather than just the ones within the last 2 months.

"My inbox total shows a message that is unread, but upon examining the inbox (and making sure all messages are queried - including those that may be outside of the displayed date range, etc.), it still shows one unread...Where do I find that sucker?"

Check your view options...the default is 2 months....if you change the view to show all, and apply temporary, you will see all messages, rather than just the ones within the last 2 months.

Thanks, but that is what the line: "(and making sure all messages are queried - including those that may be outside of the displayed date range, etc.)" pertained to. I have done that.

Hence the question...

[;)]

Edit: I solved it! I simply went in and 'touched' each message and refreshed the page and now the count is correct and no new messages are indicated.

Spooky lips huh? Ya like red lips?

Wife & I were giggling just last night about that very picture. There is a sucker on the other end of it and Hattie (dog) just grabbed it and started sucking away. I tried the same trick with two of the other dogs (Otis and Chloe) ...Otis simply dropped it from his mouth as though he had no interest in something sweet and Chloe....well, the sucker was a bit too big for her to manage. She just wanted to drop it and lick it. Hattie however...well, as you can see... she had the process down. Since we've got no kids, our dogs (and 2 cats) get pretty spoiled and probably way more attention than they need or want at times!

[&]

I too would like to thank you for making this feature available! I do have one question though. I am showing that I have one message in my inbox. I assume that this means I have one unread message. I have cleaned out my PM box and logged out and back in. It still shows that I have one message??????

Thanks for the reply Miss Amy, I set the date filter for "since last visit" still shows one PM in the inbox?

Set it for Show All instead (you'll need to scroll up to find it)

Thanks Amy, I did have an unread PM burried way down under.[D]