mini-box for center speaker

vanguard

I have been in touch with Mark at Juicy Music who builds a mini-box for a center speaker. Unfortunately, the box he builds is for PWK's Figure 1 and I need a box for Figure 2, which is designed for speaker outputs of a receiver or stereo amp. Does anyone have the time or appetite to build one for me. I will of course pay for your services. Thank you. Peter

I don't see any reason you should not use Mark's box, assuming it is built in accordance with Figure 1.

As you can see from the schematic, the circuit for the center channel is the same both the Figure 1 box and the Figure 2 box. The Figure 1 box has additional pots, resistors, and outputs for the flanking amps. Granted, you will not be using them just now, but you'll have them for the future.

You will just have to get some RCA connectors to attach to the amplifier output to feed the box. Radio Shack has these pre-wired with small zip cord. You certainly don't need anything special because there is very very little current in the circuit.

Gil

post-2552-13819330661576_thumb.gif

P.S. Naturally you will have to make sure the amplifier red or hot is connected to the center pin of the RCA.

Edit: You'll also have to be sure that your amplifier outputs have a common ground at the outputs. Most do. This is true even if you use the Figure 2 box.

Gil

• 13 years later...
7 hours ago, papad said:

I am not familiar with Juicy Music

Mark Deneen retired. His last business was to wonderful tube preamps/line stages and tube amplifiers. I didn't know he did any of PWKs mini boxes.

I bet the schematic is somewhere here on this forum.  I got one from an old forum member "Father Bill", who used to build them.  I eventually sold it.

It is like 3 resistors, a pot, a terminal strip, and a couple of RCA jacks in a small enclosure.  He charged me $20 I believe.

• 1 month later...

Hi Vanguard,

I just noticed this thread.  Years ago I had an interest for a center channel for my Klipschorns.   I had a local tube tec. build me one . I gave him the "Dope from Hope" copy, Vol 14, No.4 revised July 1974 also a copy of "Three Speaker Arrays" Vol. 15, No.6 June 1976

He built it for me using those plans, used it a few times.  It worked great but I changed my speakers.  If interested shoot me a PM. Thanks, frt8dog