Used RF-83s

White_Hawk

I've been looking for these speakers for quite a while, and I found them on craigslist in my area. The seller is asking $1500 for the pair. Obviously there is no reason not to try and bargain down, but how much should I expect to pay for used rf-83s?

You do realize that the 83's are the flagship of the new Reference line? 1500 is a great deal seeing how you would be paying another 600+ retail.

Honestly, you could get the RF7's direct from Klipsch a lil cheaper on eBay which IMO is a steal.

They are in good shape - I'm going to see if I can scrummage around and find a little more cash in hopes of picking them up before someone else does =)

I was asking because I know msrp is $2500, but I was told buying new you could pick them up for 30% off or so (if paying in cash) which comes to $1750. So I was wondering if used should be a little less than $1500, on account of the 30% of I'd heard about.

I was asking because I know msrp is $2500, but I was told buying new you could pick them up for 30% off or so (if paying in cash) which comes to $1750. So I was wondering if used should be a little less than $1500, on account of the 30% of I'd heard about.

Personally, I dont think 30% off is reasonable. I have never seen a salesman go that deep on a newer line of product. He would have to be very hungry and hurting for a sale, and even then I doubt if the MGR would approve it. Generally around 10-15% off is expected. So your deal of 1500 seems pretty good.

Personally, I dont think 30% off is reasonable. I have never seen a salesman go that deep on a newer line of product. He would have to be very hungry and hurting for a sale, and even then I doubt if the MGR would approve it. Generally around 10-15% off is expected. So your deal of 1500 seems pretty good.

Uhh... I got the rf-83 for 1600 dollars new, first to get in the ny tristate area, no manager approval. Its just some places are no to scrooge like btw full authorized dealer

1500 is a good deal on used rf83s, but for that price, you could get the RF7s, which are equally good for new, if not a bit cheaper. Dont discount the RF7s just because they are discontinued, they are every bit as good as the RF83s, if a tiny bit less refined.

if you saw them for that price you should get them. you can always sell them later...

the $1500 deal sounds good, never hurts to bargin...i wouldn't low ball him or else you may p** him off. if anything i would ask him if $1350 is okay....$150 saved is $150 saved...

I've got them and they are beautiful. Now to get a receiver and amp (I'll get the center and surrounds in a month when I have the money, I couldn't pass this deal up for the mains)... I've heard Denon is the way to go for the receiver, what should I do for the amp?

Hi,

A receiver has a Pre-Amp, an Amp and a Tuner built right in and most folks would use the built in Amp rather than buying another separate Amp to go with it.

If you were thinking about going with separates, you would most likely buy a pre-amp and an amp and a tuner.

Don't get me wrong, you could buy a receiver and use it as a pre-amp; currently I am using my RX-V1500 as a pre-amp for a McIntosh 2100 (amp.)

It's just a bit unusaul...

~Noah

Hi,

A receiver has a Pre-Amp, an Amp and a Tuner built right in and most folks would use the built in Amp rather than buying another separate Amp to go with it.

not really on this forum

If you were thinking about going with separates, you would most likely buy a pre-amp and an amp and a tuner.

Don't get me wrong, you could buy a receiver and use it as a pre-amp; currently I am using my RX-V1500 as a pre-amp for a McIntosh 2100 (amp.)

It's just a bit unusaul... again not really

~Noah

Aren't RF7s going for 1100 on ebay with warranty new?

It depends on the finish. Maple RF-7's are going for about 1000.00. The Klipsch ebay store includes the warranty, but I am not sure about the other stores offering it online. I bought my RF-7's in cherry new for $1050.00, but that seller no longer has that color, only the maple.

Aren't RF7s going for 1100 on ebay with warranty new?

It depends on the finish. Maple RF-7's are going for about 1000.00. The Klipsch ebay store includes the warranty, but I am not sure about the other stores offering it online. I bought my RF-7's in cherry new for $1050.00, but that seller no longer has that color, only the maple.