What does second chance offer mean to a seller on EBay?

zuzu

I just sold my Audio Research CD 1 Player on Ebay. It says I'm eligble for a second chance offer. What's this mean? It's sold as far as I know. ARC says the current blue book on it is $950. The buyer got it for $710. Hmmm?

Others will chime in here, but this likely a scam. Don't click on
the link,but if you do, don't sign in (again), or the scammer may
acquire the password for your account. From there, your account could
be used without your permission for other scams and illegal activity. I
hope I'm wrong.

If you feel your ID has been compromised, close the account. Might be worth contacting eBay about it all.

$.02

Guest " "

As a seller, a second chance offer option allows you to sell another item exactly the same as the first, to the next higher bidders in order of bids. So if you have 3 CD1 players, and you have 4 bidders who bid 710, 650, 600, 575, you can offer 2 additional buyers a chance to buy at their bid of 650 and 600. You would not offer it at the winning bid. The second chance offer scheme is good for ebay and paypal, and buyers, but not usally good for sellers unless all bidders you are offerng a second chance option came close to the winning bid.

Guest " "

zuzu

The others are refering to the email that the buyers who bid on your auction, but did not win, would recieve, if you gave them a second chance offer. Your question...was what it meant to a seller...which i answered.

As a buyer, in the case of recieving an email, informing you that the seller has like items avail as a second chance offer, the best practice is to log into ebay, and check your messages, rather than clicking on the link in the email you recieved as an ebay buyer.

I just sold my Audio Research CD 1 Player on Ebay. It says I'm eligble for a second chance offer. What's this mean? It's sold as far as I know. ARC says the current blue book on it is $950. The buyer got it for $710. Hmmm?

In general, it means someone is trying to scam you. HOWEVER, I have purchased a couple of items via 2nd. Chance offers, but I've had way more people try to scam me than was legit.

BEWARE... some sellers have there buddys make crazy high bids to flush the most out of legit bidders. Then, only after they know they've sucked your bid out to the max, will they offer you a 2nd. Chance offer. I personally will not accept a 2nd. Chance offer unless the Seller gives NEG. feedback to the bidder that backed out.