I Highly Recommend "The Complete Guide To High End Audio", by Robert Harley

zuzu

Covers just about everything including home theater and sub placement, how to listen critically etc. Well written. Easy to read. 546 pages. I have the second edition 1998. There is a 3rd around 2004 I think. Paper back and hard copy. 3rd edition retail $33 paper back $45 hard copy. I paid $10.74 on used Amazon. High quality paper. Harley was the technical editor for Stereophile for years. They PAID him for his skills.

I misspoke. Harley is [in 1998] the audio technical editor of Perfect Vision. A writer for Absolute Sound and as of 1998 had over 500 product reviews and articles on high quality music reproduction.

Robert Harley is now Editor-In-Chief of The Absolute Sound magazine. Only TAS founder Harry Pearson is above him on the masthead. Harley presumably directed the TAS "Ultimate Analog Issue" that just came out, and wrote "An LP Primer" in that issue. Also did the AJ Conti (Basis) interview. The Absolute Sound "Ultimate Analog Issue -- Vinyl Lives"