Bose 901 VI

Hey Roc,

Again, just joking around - been one of those weeks that has made me feel a little off and its rubbing off on my humour. People don't use punctuation anymore, they just connect fragments together with dots. My brother does it in emails all the time. Sometimes I have trouble following what he is trying to say.

....So, figured try hand at....LOL.....thread not die....be sure and quote....lest he edit....LOL

BTW, If one was to buy a pair of 901s, theoretically speaking, would one want the series I/II, or the later ones?

One is not going to buy 901s. Too risky.

Of course not - that would be insanity - but just for completeness the latest model (the V6) is the one to not have. The first versions were not ported and needed rather a lot of power to generate any bass at all - couple of kilwatts per channel is an ideal starting point. Later versions that were ported, had different drivers and different supporting structures needed rather less - 100 wpc would do at a pinch.

Funnily enough Bose claim you can run them with 5 watts. As Klipsch recommend at least 20 wpc for Heritage you can take that with a pinch of salt.

Note : I am not saying you need 20 for Klipsch - lets not go there folks - I know people that run them with 1.1 wpc and are apparently happy with the results.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Stereo's have you owned ? Come down to Earth Dr. Who.................I can't wait for you to hit the REAL WORLD and get out of your College Dorm....................It's not what you learn, it's what you do with it..............I'm Sorry I guess I forget just how much knowledge 20 year old's have....Maybe you'll design the World's Greatest Speakers............and Put Klipsch and BOSE out of business

So that's your response? How very wise and mature of you to share your thoughts. The drivers in the Bose 901 have absolutely nothing to do with my age or experience level, but nice try. [Y] It's funny that you try to talk down and lecture me about experience, even trying to attack what I own, yet have somehow in all those years failed to hear many hundreds of better sounding speakers??? What does that say about your experience?!? Obviously age has nothing to do with it. So why don't we ignore the age for a second and consider the actual content? Is that really too hard to do? Or do you prefer to resort to attacking age when you've got nothing else to say? You wouldn't be able to attack age if it were someone older than you saying the same things I am! Would you like me to have them swing by this thread and say everything for me? Then what would your reply be? Funny how that works...

Mike, oldbuckster was having a bad day when he wrote his comment. He didn't really mean it.

BTW, I can say things for you. I am 60 years old so I doubt if I would have a credibility problem, if it is important to be old when you say things.

.....and Mike, you are a bit older than you were yesterday.

How many Stereo's have you owned ? Come down to Earth Dr. Who.................I can't wait for you to hit the REAL WORLD and get out of your College Dorm....................It's not what you learn, it's what you do with it..............I'm Sorry I guess I forget just how much knowledge 20 year old's have....Maybe you'll design the World's Greatest Speakers............and Put Klipsch and BOSE out of business

So that's your response? How very wise and mature of you to share your thoughts. The drivers in the Bose 901 have absolutely nothing to do with my age or experience level, but nice try. [Y] It's funny that you try to talk down and lecture me about experience, even trying to attack what I own, yet have somehow in all those years failed to hear many hundreds of better sounding speakers??? What does that say about your experience?!? Obviously age has nothing to do with it. So why don't we ignore the age for a second and consider the actual content? Is that really too hard to do? Or do you prefer to resort to attacking age when you've got nothing else to say? You wouldn't be able to attack age if it were someone older than you saying the same things I am! Would you like me to have them swing by this thread and say everything for me? Then what would your reply be? Funny how that works...

If you'd quit talking to people like YOU KNOW IT ALL, you wouldn't get those responses...........Again, how much audio equipment have you owned? Your one of the biggest BOSE bashers here..............Don't jump in the deep water if you can't swim..............

Well Mike, it looks like I was wrong. oldbuckster had something slipped into his tea. Apparently it hasn't worn off yet.

Everyone pray for oldbuckster.

Life's too short for this nonsense. (apologies to the Lafayettes)