HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

fini

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to our Forum Mom's!

And to my own dearly departed Mom - Thanks and I miss you so much.

M

Happy Mothers Day to all of the forum mothers and wifes!

Very well said Mike about our departed Mothers.......

• Moderators

To the lovely forum babes Amy and Christy!! Also, to any other Moms I may have missed!! Moms are THE BEST!

I hope y'all have a sweet day.

Thanks fini! I had a fantastic day.... in addition to the relaxation and everything being done for me, I got the greatest gift ever!

• Moderators

Thanks for the happy thoughts you guys. I also got the best gift ever, my middle daughter, who is now 27 years old told me that she is proud to say, "I'm just like my momma". What better gift could someone get?

Oh yes, I can't forget to thank the other two daughters....one gave me about ten tank tops from Old Navy and the other one gave me two rose plants!!!!

Yes, I did. I did say I am proud to be just like my momma. For those that don't know me, let me clarify. I LOOK just_like_dtel(hence the sn)! BUT, I am my momma made over!

My momma has all but killed herself to take care of us THREE girls. As a family, we've been through alot. More than most families could ever imagine. You'd never know it, since we all managed to turn out "FAIRLY" normal, but it's true. And honestly, without my momma, we probably all would have killed each other at least ten times around! We've loved, we've cried, we've hated, we've fought, we've made up, AND MANAGED TO SURVIVE. From deaths, to births, and heartaches and happiness.

I wouldn't be who/what/where I am today without my mom. I used to not understand her and why she did/said the things she did. BUT, with two daughters of my own (see avatar) I now fully understand EVERYTHING that a momma goes through, puts up with, and tolerates!

I love you mom!

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to our Forum Mom's!

And to my own dearly departed Mom - Thanks and I miss you so much.

M

Happy Mothers Day to all of the forum mothers and wifes!

Very well said Mike about our departed Mothers.......

wifes?

When my mother was alive I would wish her a happy mothers day and I would also wish my wife a HMD even though she is not my mother.....

Hello, everybody here in Klipschworld. This is my first post. I had to respond to "Happy Mothers Day" for more than one reason: first, I miss my mom who has been gone 21 years. A genuine 'real person' who was loved and respected by all who knew her.

Then there's Frank Zappa. A big influence in what I listen to! Happy "Mothers Day" Frank! It's been too long.

Finally, I just bought a beautiful pair of Fortes, the first Klipsch speakers in my life. I'm astounded with their clarity and accuracy. They're 1989 vintage and in nearly perfect shape.

I'm not an audiophile. I'm a music lover! I'm really excited about the Fortes and can't wait to spread the word about what fabulous speakers they are to my friends and family.

Therefore I was compelled to join this forum. My JBL's have been faithful for many years. Now they're my 'B' speakers.

Rick

Or more likely that he was with The Mothers Of Invention?

Depending on what type music you prefer, you'd probably recogonize the line "Frank Zappa And The Mothers, were at the best place in town." from the song Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple.

I am so dense at times that I even amaze myself. And I'm from Baltimore where Frank hails from.!!

Thanks for the enlightenment.

• Moderators

Hello, everybody here in Klipschworld. This is my first post. I had to respond to "Happy Mothers Day" for more than one reason: first, I miss my mom who has been gone 21 years. A genuine 'real person' who was loved and respected by all who knew her.

Then there's Frank Zappa. A big influence in what I listen to! Happy "Mothers Day" Frank! It's been too long.

Finally, I just bought a beautiful pair of Fortes, the first Klipsch speakers in my life. I'm astounded with their clarity and accuracy. They're 1989 vintage and in nearly perfect shape.

I'm not an audiophile. I'm a music lover! I'm really excited about the Fortes and can't wait to spread the word about what fabulous speakers they are to my friends and family.

Therefore I was compelled to join this forum. My JBL's have been faithful for many years. Now they're my 'B' speakers.

Rick

Welcome to the forum, Rick!!

Yes,

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all mothers. And an early Happy Father's Day to all fathers.

I too raeally miss my mother, who passed away in October of 1980 when I was a freshmen in college, and still think of her often. Seeing me in college was one of her final goals in life I later learned, guess I should have delayed college for a couple of years. My biggest regret is that she never got to meet my lovely wife or her granddaughters, the first being born in 1989, but her mother did get to hold my oldest daughter.

Thankfully, my father carried on until February of 1998 before he passed away and did get to meet my wfie and his granddaughters. The smartest thing we ever did was move closer to Indiana (the Chicago area) from Texas (not a smart move financially) when our oldest was about 3 or 4 and then to Kokomo just before our youngest daughter was born in September of 1994. Dad's death was crushing to us all and a lot more so for our oldest daughter than it would have been had we stayed in Texas, but not giving Dad a chance to know his granddaughters and them to know him would've been something I'd never have gotten over. A thousand miles away and 2 to 4 visits a year just didn't cut it. Dad had been engaged to a lovely woman, officially the same time my wife of 20+ years were engaged, but never remarried, but his fiance is Grandma Norma to this day to my daughters and a good friend / confidant to my wife and myself (and a lot closer to Mom in demeanor than my mother out law). We should all be blessed to have 1/10th the friends my father, and mother, had and still have.

Thankfully , the mother out law, living in Indiana, and father out law, living in Florida, are doing fine, getting along much better now that they live 1000 miles apart. And we have a great really cheap (can't beat free) and nice place to stay near the gulf beaches in Florida for Spring Break and the Christmas Holidays.

The greatest gift ever link to the Twilight Zone kind of surprised me ... but it makes sense in the context of losing a loved one - you don't ever really get over it as a big part of your heart is ripped out - the emotions just kind of get burried (until you read posts like this at 2:00 AM) - your life doesn't go on as before and you never get back to normal - life as you know it is different from that point forward - I think the reason the family of the dearly departed never seem to lose it is they have to be strong for one another and it's not your life anymore - I liken it to you're watching yourself as in a movie - life does go on but it never gets back to normal - the normal is forever more a lot different - more pain and sorrow ... and more great things including great joy and happiness to come

B

Death of loved ones and pets is the most difficult thing in life to deal with.

We try, as we go through life, to not dwell on death but inevitably there are times when we do.

It can be very very tough, and emotionally draining. Life has a terrible punch line at the end. But we are all in the same boat.