JBL Summit L300 vs Cornwall or K-horns check out link...

BIG BLUE2

Hey Gang,

Been a while since I posted, happened to see these JBL's on ebay and had to share with the group. They are asking almost $4K for these. They do look mint, have never seen/heard these wonder how they compare to my Cornwalls or K-horns. Anyone? Here is the linc

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-L300-SPEAKERS-IN-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ140118329693QQihZ004QQcategoryZ14991QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scarcity is the key to their value. Not many people were willing to lay out the big bucks JBL wanted back in the seventies when one could get a pair of similar sounding Cornwalls for $800 or LaScalas for a few hundred more. Even Khorns were less expensive and much better.

Scarcity is the key to their value. Not many people were willing to lay out the big bucks JBL wanted back in the seventies when one could get a pair of similar sounding Cornwalls for $800 or LaScalas for a few hundred more. Even Khorns were less expensive and much better.

Much better? I'd say more different than better and I've owned both.

similar sounding Cornwalls

Similar? In that they're both 3-way speakers in big boxes?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Cornwall, but they're not all that similar. My pal Joel had a pair of these a couple of wives ago. Really awesome rock and roll speakers.

I wouldn't trade my Cornwalls straight-up for them (other than to make a tidy profit!).

The build-quality on those old JBLs is just strunning. The drivers, cabinets, crossovers, etc., were all FIRST rate.

Comparing the quality of Klipsch parts to JBL parts is depressing, until you remember what a bargain the old Klipsch speakers were... not to mention that the Klipsch sounded better, too. IMHO.