surge protector, line conditioner, voltage regulator, stereo amp...

I'm looking to buy something or another to protect my equipment from electrical surges, and while I'm at it, if the box also somehow makes my speakers sound better, I'll take it.

What should I be looking at? I don't want to spend more than $200. Hell, I don't want to spend more than $100....

I'm also in the market for a stereo amp, (gonna keep using the denon as a pre/pro), and was wondering what you guys thought of the very inexpensive offerings in the used department right now. Adcom gfa 545/555's are especially abundant and in the sub $300 range in good shape. How would these compare to the denon and to, say, the $500 amps in the used market.

thanks

Take a look at this Belkin power console. You should be able to find one used on ebay for around $100. Get one with very little use ie most of the joules are still there for you. Igot a demo for $52 and love it. It has a plug for a power amp. Higher priced ones have plugs for 2 power amps but have the same total wattage. http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_detail.process?Product_Id=250818

Hey, those skills are the reason I got the rf-7's... And, old guys are about as easy to read at a poker table as they are prone to defend any phrase containing the words "tube" or "heritage"... :)

I can't wait till the point in my life that I can seriously audition quality gear in my own house, and see what all the fuss is about. Fact of the matter is, because I've never heard a system "better" than mine, I am 100% satisfied, and for all I know, its not possible for music to sound better to my ears. Only exception to the "better" statement was maybe your cornscala's; my, was that a completely new sound to me. I'm sure over more than a 5 minute period, I'd grow to love that sound, but coming straight out of 5 hours on the car speakers, that midrange was FORWARD. Can't say I've ever heard midrange detail even compare though.. well, physics final in 10 hours

This won the my little shootout: http://www.apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=307

You might consider one or two Power Sentry's at Walmart for about $6. 1120 Joules. Comparable units go for $20 to $45. It has equipment warranty and a light that tells you if you still have protection. Plugs in the wall outlet [no power cord] which is handy.

I was using a Denon as a pre-amp with Denon power amps and made the switch to Crown pro-amps. I kept the Denon as pre-amp and the change was well worth it. The RF-7's were "brought to life" with more clarity, tight clean bass, larger soundstage etc. The Crown XLS series amps can be purchased from $250 up to $550. Reading this forum shows that QSC pro-amps are also friends of Klipsch speakers. They are both well worth it for the price. From my experience, you won't be disappointed..........my two cents.