KG4 questions

Hi. I just picked up a pair of KG4's at a Garage sale for $10 bucks. Someone had spray painted them so I sanded them down and refinished them. I'm wondering if I can use the Passive radiators from a Forte (KD-13) in place of the KG4's KD-12 Passive radiator....and whats the difference between the two radiators if there is any. Also on the backs of the 8 inch drivers in the KG4 it says K-8-K.......did Klipsch make any other 8 inch drivers for this model with K-9-K I saw some for sale and thats what it looked like it said? I would like to keep them as close to the original sound as possible but I am open to any ideas. Three of the four 8's are in good condition. Both radiators are damaged beyond repair but everything else is mint.

Thank you for the help

I also have a pair of KG4's that I use as my left and right surrounds. They were my first Klipsch speakers and I got them long ago (and I mean a lot of years) at a pawn shop for $300. Since then, I've added additional speakers to my "Frankenstein set up." If you can get your speakers up and running, you won't be disappointed with the sound. I'm not sure how long ago they were discontinued by Klipsch. but you should try contacting Trey Cannon (he's a regular on the forum and is a pretty sharp guy) for some ideas.

Good luck!

Dave in Nashville

The passive radiator loads the cabinet, makes the volume of the cabinet seem larger to the active bass driver. If you use a different passive radiator other than original, it may have a different compliance, thereby affecting the load on your active driver. In other words, the bass quality may change for the worse. Hopefully I've gotten it right.

Thank you both for the help. I had seen out here somewhere else that the Forte's PR was similar enough to the KG4 for identical use but the more research I do the more that seems to be wrong. I also found out that there was a k-9-k and a k-3-k and others. I guess i will be searching ebay for what I need. By the way if anyone needs anything for the Forte all the pieces are currently for sale on ebay. Thanks again

The passive radiator loads the cabinet, makes the volume of the cabinet seem larger to the active bass driver. If you use a different passive radiator other than original, it may have a different compliance, thereby affecting the load on your active driver. In other words, the bass quality may change for the worse. Hopefully I've gotten it right.

Are both of the 8" drivers active bass drivers or only one? I've always wondered.