Thoughts of those left behind this memorial day weekend

Guest " "

The finest men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing were Veterans.I think of my step father though gone 25 plus years.He fought at D-day Battle of the Bulge and Batstonge among others.I thank God for my 20 year old son A Marine who left his family behind to serve in Afghanistan.As long as i have breath in my body I will thank them everyday for my freedoms.I know when I leave this world my last thoughts will be of my family and the hundreds of men who were cut from a different cloth.Such good men and women..

What a great post !!! Made a 60 year old mans eyes water.

Your sacrifice has made much possible...and will continue to do so...you were not left behind...you went ahead of us all...clearing our paths

post-22082-13819656749206_thumb.jpg

There is nothing wrong with preparation, the problem lies in the initiation of force.

The last time the congress legally declared war was for WWII.

We went to war eight times without declaration from WWII to the Clinton presidency (Thomas E. Woods, Jr., The Politically Incorrect Guide to American
History
. Washington: Regnery, 2004. xvi + 270 pp).

Clinton took us to war fourty-four times during his time in ofice.

Collectively, last year the goverments of the world spent 8 Trillion dollars pursuing war. Aside from the ethical issues, follow the money. Reading Henry Hazlitt's 'Economics in one Lesson' we don't need to go any further than the 'broken glass fallacy' (also read Bastiat circa 1850) to understand what is happening today.

I am part of the problem, I work for the military industrial complex.

"It's been 35 years or so since the draft ended. It's been a all

volunteer gray military service. "

Really?

Tell that to someone that has been stop-lossed.

I don't want to argue this, being stop lost would be crap, but now they are paying a lot of money to keep someone on stop loss which has effectively eliminated the practice... ESP in the national guard....

We went to war eight times without declaration from WWII to the Clinton presidency (Thomas E. Woods, Jr., The Politically Incorrect Guide to American
History
. Washington: Regnery, 2004. xvi + 270 pp).

Ah, THomas Woods is an acquaintance/friend of mine. I don't see him often, but he is very astute and not your run of the mill historian.

Bruce