Attention Bay Area Klipschers!!! GREAT JAZZ THIS WEEKEND!! FREE!

John Heard, who is my favorite living bass player and a good friend will be playing a couple of gigs with his trio--the GREAT Danny Grissett on piano and young phenom Lorca Hart (BIlly Hart's son) at the Healdsburg Jazz Festival this weekend. John's trio will be at the Healdburg Hotel on Friday and Saturday night from 9 PM until midnight. THIS IS A FREE EVENT!!!

There are LOTS of great players at the festival this weekend including Jim Hall, Dave Holland, Roy Hargrove and George Cables. If you have the scratch, you should pay your way in to one or more of these gigs too--but if not, be SURE to check out John and his trio. And tell him you are a friend of "Allan in L.A." He'll be happy to know I sent you!!

http://www.healdsburgjazzfestival.org/weblog/musicians/index.html#heard

www.heardworks.com

MagicJohnBlue.jpg

I wonder what he'll say when I mention Gary from Maryland. Maybe I should print out that picture!

He'll probably say, "Who the hell is Gary from Maryland?" Tell him he's Allan's friend and he MIGHT know who you're talking about!