SVS Reviews

EM3

Ok I am looking at the PB10-NSD does anyone have this one? It fits my space (I think)? I will measure for a 5th time. My room is 13ft by 19ft and 8ft ceilings. I listen to about 60 percent movies and 40 percent music. I was looking at an HSU but I haven't made my mind up. If I get the HSU I will have to move some equipment. Here is a page for the SVS Sub http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-10nsd.cfm

He ...Klipsch site. SVS talk strictly prohibited by the overseers. [:P]

Check the... AVSforum or HomeTheaterShack ...

On AVS you always have the old debate SVS or HSU....to that I say JL Audio and TC Sounds (when they have the woofers...since parts come from Tibet by...camel,donkey and...old C.C.C.P. rusty plane !!!!! )

He ...Klipsch site. SVS talk strictly prohibited by the overseers. [:P]

Check the... AVSforum or HomeTheaterShack ...

On AVS you always have the old debate SVS or HSU....to that I say JL Audio and TC Sounds (when they have the woofers...since parts come from Tibet by...camel,donkey and...old C.C.C.P. rusty plane !!!!! )

Been on AVS for a while. That place is a trip. Most people there buy stuff and nitpick it to death. Just thought I might an opinion or two before I purchase later this summer. So far I have 1 "yours".

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I've had 2 SVS subs in the past. Never heard the 10 incher. Basicly, they make very good subs for the money. They have outstanding customer service and a good return policy if you don't mind a little freight charge.

Thanks for the link! I may have enough room to do the cylinder style 25-31PC I think. I may be able to either stick it in a corner without moving much or beside an end table. I am going to measure once more. The freight charge is no biggie it's either pay that or buy gas and meal to get to CC for a Velo. So it all evens out.

Thanks for the input.

I had the SVS PB10-NSD for a few weeks recently and it sounded great but I had to return it because the amp made an annoying humming noise when I turned up the GAIN. I ended up getting a Klipsch SUB12 at bestbuy instead but I would have kept the SVS if it didn't have that issue. Also, I would have exchanged it if I lived in a city that had an SVS dealer that I could simply drive to... but since shipping is expensive, I didn't want to risk exchanging it and possibly getting another bad one.

My impressions are the following:

- larger and much heavier than the SUB12 even though only a 10" driver

- solid, thick, one piece box (no visible seams) so you'll never hear any vibration noises coming from it

- it's hard to describe but I found the sound to be cleaner and tighter than the SUB12

I had the SVS PB10-NSD for a few weeks recently and it sounded great but I had to return it because the amp made an annoying humming noise when I turned up the GAIN. I ended up getting a Klipsch SUB12 at bestbuy instead but I would have kept the SVS if it didn't have that issue. Also, I would have exchanged it if I lived in a city that had an SVS dealer that I could simply drive to... but since shipping is expensive, I didn't want to risk exchanging it and possibly getting another bad one.

My impressions are the following:

- larger and much heavier than the SUB12 even though only a 10" driver

- solid, thick, one piece box (no visible seams) so you'll never hear any vibration noises coming from it

- it's hard to describe but I found the sound to be cleaner and tighter than the SUB12