3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Be sure to remember all who gave their lives for our freedom this Memorial Day.

And be sure to remember all those who have served as well )but separate it from your Memorial Day observation as apparently some think we should only honor those killed in the line of duty on Memorial Day?) I try to remember all our veterans and active durty service men and women every day.

A round on me in honor of our good Forum friend Old Buckster aka Rob who passed away on Black Friday a couple of years back. Rob was a veteran of Vietnam and died due to a horrible cancer I think that HarryO who is alive and well is sure is caused by the exposure to Agent Orange as he's had several of his comrades and friends pass away with the same thing. RIP Rob. I'm still spinning vinyl. (PULL!)

p.s. Boxx - new AC units are on order

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have been AWOL mostly due to health issues. I have diabetes and now liver issues. I am officially a non drinker per doctors orders but I cheat occasionally from time to time with a small glass of Drambuie which I can make last for several hours with a cuban cigar or 2. Waiting for some new miracle drug to be approved for treatment. may be able to go back to small amounts of booze if the treatment takes. Still playing with my guns, cars, and k horns. No longer working-medical leave. Spend most of my time fighting with insurance companies over medical bills.

Glad to see the thread is still alive. Enjoy your alcohol-one of life,s greatest pleasures. Drink one for me.

Cheers

Hi all
I have been AWOL mostly due to health issues. I have diabetes and now liver issues.

No problem our good friend. The bar has been a ghostland most nights lately. So very sorry to hear that you've now got liver issues. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers that your liver function can be restored and diabetes kept under control.

A round on me for Winchester's health.

p.s. Check out Boxx's pool room renovations - if you can get a peak. He's been kind of secretive.

Hi all I have been AWOL mostly due to health issues. I have diabetes and now liver issues. I am officially a non drinker per doctors orders

hey winchester, hope you get better soon. I didn't pace myself in life and had to retire from drinking a few years ago. My pancreas got mad at me and was making life uncomfortable--it would get inflammed after i drank. I told myself that as much as i love cold beer, it just wasn't worth the discomfort afterwards.

I'm trying something new (to me) this evening. My local grocery store was offering Warsteiner at a good price.

I'm enjoying it in a frozen glass. Different for sure but pretty good I think. I'll know more after another one or two...

I'll know more after another one or two...

Then it won't make any difference... [;)]

Winchester,

Glad to know you're still kickin'! Enjoy the music and we'll pray the medical issues can be brought under control.

Bruce

LOL... You're right. What I "should" do is buy a case of uber-cheap beer and switch over after the first 2 or 3 of the good stuff.

Back when I was a liquor drinker I did just that. The first two were Crown Royal but if there was a third (or beyond) they were VO or CC.

As for "medical issues" Well... Good days and not so good days. Each day I open my eyes in the morning I'm thankful for.

The music is a "given". It plays here 18+ hours a day, every day. Right now is Rush Retrospective. The new Rush album is due here on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to its arrival.

Hi all I have been AWOL mostly due to health issues. I have diabetes and now liver issues.

No problem our good friend. The bar has been a ghostland most nights lately. So very sorry to hear that you've now got liver issues. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers that your liver function can be restored and diabetes kept under control.

p.s. Check out Boxx's pool room renovations - if you can get a peak. He's been kind of secretive.

Improvements are in the works... Final plans include this offering...

th?id=I4920023076570029&pid=1.5

Hi all I have been AWOL mostly due to health issues. I have diabetes and now liver issues.

Improvements are in the works... Final plans include this offering...

th?id=I4920023076570029&pid=1.5

Holy K403s! Boxx.

[8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

So maybe this would explain why the Hope factory is working away on several Jubilee bass bins and there's hardlly any oxygen free copper within 300 mile radius of Maron's place. As of course, the sound system(s) will be totally pushing the state of the art...

I knew the addition seemed to be huge... but no idea it was this big... show us a peek of the final design for the main bar... if I ever get my artistic chops back, probably not, I can hardly even color with my Crayolas these days, my thought is we paint in the nearly deceased Forum members.

So grand opening to include huge 8 ball tournament, or 9 ball, or both?

Dare I asked what financed this? The black heroin trade aka black vinyl LP aka Big Music but those dudes in dark sun glasses and dark cars hangnig out in our country "neighborhhod" do seem to have scared away the punks that might break in to our humble abodes so maybe it's ok to let them think it's what they think it is... or act like they think it is...

The Grand Re-Openeing should be one 'ell of a party. Who's in charge of the BBQ? Chuck (Tarheel) does a bang up NC BBQ, maybe everybody brings their best BBQ for the grand opening. I think even the "worst" would be exceptional. Dag nab it all, now I'm gettin' hungry.... eating lunch of leftover sliced pork in BBQ sauce with smasked potatos. Very good. And the pork loin was (UGH) boiled. [:$] LOL

edit p.s. This may also explain why Trey said something about Roy in Hope complaining about building Jub bass bins in marine grade teak plywood. [:|] [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

RUSH! Nice. Peart can kick them skins....

Yes he can! And has been doing it for a very, very long time. GOS - did you even post this in the correct thread? Were you even alive when Rush's All The World's A Stage came out c1979?

Good God GOS. I feel old. Have a couple of Tarheel's favorite fingers of whatever it is he drinks fingers of on me.

Yes he can! And has been doing it for a very, very long time. GOS - did you even post this in the correct thread? Were you even alive when Rush's All The World's A Stage came out c1979?

Good God GOS. I feel old. Have a couple of Tarheel's favorite fingers of whatever it is he drinks fingers of on me.

HAHA - yeah, I was responding to someone's earlier post about Rush. Can't recall who. Yes, I was alive and well for all of Rush's albums. Even Fly By Night, etc.

HAHA - yeah, I was responding to someone's earlier post about Rush. Can't recall who. Yes, I was alive and well for all of Rush's albums. Even Fly By Night, etc.

Cool. The following is all true...

• One of my best friends growing up Sunday school etc, we've known each other since we were 2. An incredible artist. Did a lot of work on The Lemony Snickets movie. Seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.... but that's a tangent Dick growing up, Richard the last time I saw him...
  • Dick / Richard's younger brother Chris that I remember as maybe 6 to 10 when we graduated high school loves Rush. He remembers me wearing a Rush 2112 tee shirt on the school bus. I rarely if ever rode the school bus after sophomore year in HS. Rush is now his favorite band. He thinks my shrite, just cheap one, not concert or anything.
  • We live at 2112 N ... our oldest daughter uses 2112 in her email address - not playing any isnturment, she and her friends formed a mythical band I think with 2112 in the name
  • Freaky huh?
  • And I've only recently acquired any Rush newer than All The World's A Stage - their 4th album, with cycle of 3 studio albums, a live album, several times now and are still awesome, still touring and have an awesome sense of humor - doing laundry on stage during recent concert tours... arguable one of the hottest tickets out there after maybe U2

So who, in our dreams, do we get as the band(s) for the brand reopening of the Klipsch Keepers Of The Sound Bar & Grill. We need an all ages room for the youngin's to dring their soda and Blenheim (wickedly hot ginger ale - see earlier posts in here... they are hidden, select options, select all posts. It will reset to only current 2 months. Or just do a search on Blenheim. Comes in Pink Cap Original #3 Hot and Gold cap #5 Not As Hot, and (? cap) # 7 diet which is either #3 or #7 without the pure cane sugar - maybe Splenda - get the pure cain. Great stuff. #5 isn't mild, it's well Not as HOT

Steve loves it. Bites going down like hard liquor

• 1 month later...

Boxx's renovations are looking really good but it's like we took a break for summer. Just some caffeine free blackened tea sweetened with stevia.

Mother in law found a lump. Dawn and Alea went to take her to doctor for biopsy. It's cancer but should be very early stages so prognosis should be good. Keep St Ruth in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm home alone tonight. Probably just have some ginger ale while watching the Olympics opening ceremony. Just wolfed down 3 Getts tacos so may or may not have more to eat later.

Hope every one is doing well. I've dusted off the stool and poured up everyone's favorite drink. So try to stop in and have a drink on the house.