3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

• 1 month later...

It has been awhile...a round on me...I am getting off work on time today, the Bears won yesterday and the Cardinals lost...a good week so far!

ACE

In that case, the second is on me. Plus... open pool tables from 6:00 p.m. until 12:00. NO CHARGE!

Mmmm I'm enjoying some nice....... Dogfish Head 90 min Imperial IPA......9%abv...very smooth, non bitter, dark caramel color with a dark caramel taste....very nice... The brewery is about 4 hours away.... You guys got any SOMEWHAT LOCAL....craft beer selections you enjoy.....Cheers.....

I had a fun weekend. Saturday in the emergency room. They say I had passed a kidney stone, but I didn't notice it, at least where I figure I should have. I DID feel it in the kidneys. Man, I could not get into any sort of comfortable position. Finally my wife took me in. Got some pain medicine (hello, morphine!), had a CT scan, peed in a cup and gave probably 1/2 pint of blood (not too bad, the phlebotomist was super cute). A round on me, chums! Time (and 2 more Giant wins) have got me feeling way better!!

I've had one or maybe two kidney stones. They actually tiny little suckers that my doctor swears you don't notice when you pee them out. XRay to say you've got a kidney stone on Friday. Call us on Monday if it doesn't pass. Maybe some pain meds. Mine not so bad that they gave me morphine. Maybe not even hydrocodone? Maybe enough meds for arthritis I didn't need more. lol

Yep. Excruciating while in the kidneys but pee it out without noticing. Thankful for that.

A good stiff round on me.

Don't worry. I'm "retiring" from my current job opting for the early employee retirment incentive as it's a lot better deal than getting laid off which I was pretty sure was to happen soon. Actually a lot of desk clean out completed Monday and Tuesday night but will finish Wednesday including wiping my hard drive clean and returning my laptop.

This option made available May 31st and had to decide by June 22nd. I think it was the right thing to do but it still seems crazy. Default retirement date was August 31st but my team asked to extend me and one of the women on the team until December 31st and they got us both until October 31st.

Career counseling for up to 4 months once started begins next Wednesday so serious job search starts then. Idiot me schedules 10:30 PT appointment to evaluate my arthritic hip. Cortison shot under x-ray tomorrow afternoon.

Spent pretty much all of September and first week and a half in October in work exile on medical leave. Team is gratefull they did get me the last two couple of weeks. Got some things closer to comlete and turned over to replacement. Somw of what I do going back to corporate support team that only does that support... I was doing for us for numerous sites to save internal funny money. Jack of all trades. Master of none. On IBM mainframe aka Big Iron... just call me Mainframasaurus Rex. So if you know of any good z/OS job leads...

So a couple of rounds on me to celebrate having the guts to take such a crazy leap of faith (in myself, or faith that I was going to be RIF'd - old term, Reduction In Force lol). I think God told me it was time to leave.

So if y'all think I'm totally nuts. Have another round on Boxx. He's been in a generous mood. I'm unemployed after tomorrow but volunteered so I better stop at two. For today at least.

26+ years, most with Fortune <= Fortune 100 company bought up by Fortune 10 company. Bigger is not at all better.... current employer's first prodect was very important I suppose in audio but especially movie history. First to correctly identify the product, but not the company - I've no plan to blast them in a public space - wins a virtual bottle of Chuck's favorite 3 fingers stuff. Or a case of virtual Blenheim. Of course if it's virtual, we'll include a week long vacation with the swimsuit model in the recent Buick commercials.

Cheers.

[D][D][D][D][D][D]

Be careful ordering Chuck's "three finger stuff," especially today. Might be three real fingers.

Congratulations!! I think you're doing the right thing. Do you get to keep your health insurance? That's a huge issue for us. Cathy buys insurance from work. Expensive, and doesn't cover s#it. I'm expecting an enormous bill for Saturday's ER visit. Great. We haven't brought in more than we've paid in a month for I don't know how long. Is it too early to start drinking?? ;^)