3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

I think you're doing the right thing.

I sure hope so but need to get a new job or start a second career.

Do you get to keep your health insurance? That's a huge issue for us. Cathy buys insurance from work. Expensive, and doesn't cover s#it.

We get to buy health insurance at the employee rates for 2 years and get $12k in employee retirement savings account. I'm sure I would not have signed up withouth health insurance available.

I'm expecting an enormous bill for Saturday's ER visit

Ouch.

Is it too early to start drinking?? ;

It's 5 o clock somewehre. Have a round oun me.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I'm cooking today. OK... More like chopping and mixing. The "cooking" happens tomorrow.

Thanksgiving dinner is at my sister's house this year. I'm bringing spinach dip in a bread bowl to nosh on before we eat (done), cucumbers in cream (one of my Dad's all time favorites and in process), a corn casserole, and maccaroni & cheese. The two baked items won't get built until tomorrow morning.

So I'm hanging out here waiting for the ladies to show up.

If they don't get here soon I'll be too drunk to do anything when the do arrive.

Hang in there. There is a buffet set up in the back room. Get yourselft something to eat...

Is it anything like this one? If so I'm all in. Heck I could even learn to like sushi. [:P]

Posted Image

Truth is I do like sushi. Good sushi is tough to come by in the back woods of rural Central Florida. It's available and edible but I wouldn't call it "good". Especially once you've been spoiled by the West Coast and Hawaiian goods.

Is it anything like this one? If so I'm all in. Heck I could even learn to like sushi. Stick out tongue

0_23_naked_food_sushi_2.jpg

Truth is I do like sushi. Good sushi is tough to come by in the back woods or rural Central Florida. It's available and edible but I wouldn't call it "good". Especially once you've been spoiled by the West Coast and Hawaiian goods.

Nothing better than bobbin for sushi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to one of my horrible copies of the Nutcracker Suite while roasting a chicken for dinner on my first official day of vacation. Hope the bar is well, I was unable to sercure a round of the Westvleteren XII as much as I tried without sleeping outside the liquor store. I did manage to get one of the final batch of the Stone Vertical Epic Ale as well as a nice St Bernardus gift pack. Cheer Gents!

ACE

Westvleteren XII

I have paid 7.45$ for a bottle of #12 St.Bernardus which is quite normal for a good beer when out at a bar. But paying 85$ for a six pack and 2 glasses is quite insane for Beer. Although if you think about it in terms of a good bottle of Wine or Spirits it's not that bad....Thats not true it's still ridiculous. But I did just pay 65$ for a bottle of Mansinthe.

post-49138-1381982623858_thumb.jpg

I have a gift pack of the St Bernardus brews including the Abt 12 in my garage for someone's christmas gift. I would also agree that $85 is crazy for a 6 pack of beer and is probably in no way worth the premium over some other quads, but on the other hand, $15 to have one of the worlds finest beers and the 5 other as $15 awesome christmas gifts for beer lovers would have been worth it in my opinion. Oh well, guess I will have to go to Belgium some day now. Cheers and a round of Sunset Hills gin and tonics for the bar...my new craft gin of the week and the first new east coast gin I have had in awhile.

ACE