3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Greeting Friends and Welcome … The Lord allots us a certain number of days in this life—it would do us well to take the time to do some serious self-examination as to how we are going to use them. If we choose to spend our lives solely in pursuit of selfish gain, always putting ourselves above others – this room will be empty when our time ends.

Boxx chose a vocation that has the goal of helping others. Why? I wish I could have sat with him, listening to tunes and talking about life; perhaps then I’d know what made him such a kind, caring soul. So I will just consider Boxx to have been a blessing. One of those people that you meet and walk away knowing something good just happened to you.

Just because Boxx was a forum friend, doesn’t make him any less a friend. If we’re genuine, so are the friendships that we form here.

Undoubtedly, if it had been one of us, Boxx would have been one of the first to say something poignant. He contributed greatly to this forum, whether it was a kind word or an epic .gif – he was here, for all of us. Miles away; but, still reaching out. 

Words can’t fully ease the heartache that we feel right now – I don’t think they’re supposed to. Words aren’t magic. There is a lesson in our pain. Boxx was a teacher and through his passing may he continue to teach us to value our friendships. May he teach us that we must not take for granted our time, our purpose, our relationships—none of which we created, none of which we own; but all of which have been entrusted to us. May he teach us that we are all just passing through this life and we should strive to leave each other in a better condition than when we met.

Mourn, it’s okay to do that; but, don’t only mourn—I suspect that Boxx would want us to smile when we remember him. He tried to make the lives of others better … and he succeeded.

I salute you Boxx. I miss you, and I’m grateful to have known you my friend.

Steve

• Like 5

Greeting Friends and Welcome … The Lord allots us a certain number of days in this life—it would do us well to take the time to do some serious self-examination as to how we are going to use them. If we choose to spend our lives solely in pursuit of selfish gain, always putting ourselves above others – this room will be empty when our time ends.

Boxx chose a vocation that has the goal of helping others. Why? I wish I could have sat with him, listening to tunes and talking about life; perhaps then I’d know what made him such a kind, caring soul. So I will just consider Boxx to have been a blessing. One of those people that you meet and walk away knowing something good just happened to you.

Just because Boxx was a forum friend, doesn’t make him any less a friend. If we’re genuine, so are the friendships that we form here.

Undoubtedly, if it had been one of us, Boxx would have been one of the first to say something poignant. He contributed greatly to this forum, whether it was a kind word or an epic .gif – he was here, for all of us. Miles away; but, still reaching out. 

Words can’t fully ease the heartache that we feel right now – I don’t think they’re supposed to. Words aren’t magic. There is a lesson in our pain. Boxx was a teacher and through his passing may he continue to teach us to value our friendships. May he teach us that we must not take for granted our time, our purpose, our relationships—none of which we created, none of which we own; but all of which have been entrusted to us. May he teach us that we are all just passing through this life and we should strive to leave each other in a better condition than when we met.

Mourn, it’s okay to do that; but, don’t only mourn—I suspect that Boxx would want us to smile when we remember him. He tried to make the lives of others better … and he succeeded.

Steve

Great toast Stew.

• Like 2

Steve

I'll drink to that!

• Like 3

From the other thread.

Closing my office door............................................

Ahhhh.

Prosit! To you my dear friend Boxx.  We'll be listening to music together sooner than you can imagine.  Thank you for your positive comments, hilarious GIFs and calm demeanor.  I miss you.  The forum is less of a place without you.

Carl

• Like 3

Not sure how it works either...never spent much time here.

However, wanted to mention again Boxx as moderator.  Most of us enter an iffy situation here as though we arrived at a fire in a gasoline truck, even when we are really trying to simply calm things down.

All Boxx had to do was show up and things usually improved. 

That's the kind of man he was, and I so with I were.  (blub)

Dave

• Like 4