3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Yes so, liking their beer on several occasions, I happended to run into this recently. Having raved here about cider or hard cider, I was taken aback a bit after popping my first Cidre. Nothing like I was expecting with my other picks. Quite tart with just a hint of sweet on the tailend. No head to it and after drinking two last evening, wrestling with the idea of popping another. Maybe an acquired taste. Maybe what apple cider is supposed to taste like. Oh well, will see if I try any of their other offerings in the future. Just raving now:

untitled.png

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

and i’ll bet it tastes great.

Less filling.

I've tried a bunch of different bourbons since Christmas and they were, to some degree, similar in many respects.  Weller 12 and all the wheated bourbons are just flat out better.  Much smoother and more aromatic.  You could certainly pick them out in a blind taste test.  Of course with anything subjective YMMV.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, ACV92 said:

I listen to about anything except rap and country.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  Cheers.

Yeah. People are funny about Country Music. When I was a kid everyone used to make fun of my Johnny Cash records. Then the poor sumbitch up and dies and all of a sudden he's a fricken' musical genius. Hell I knew that long before Rick Rubin pointed it out.

• Like 1

I agree with you on the Wheat bourbons CECAA850, they are my preferred American Whiskey. Too bad Van Winkle has gone stratospheric, price wise and Weller has gone missing as people view it as poor man's Pappy. I was able to get my hands on a Weller Special Reserve, which is good, but not in the same league as the Weller Antique or Weller 12. Still, it hit the spot on Saturday night.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

I agree with you on the Wheat bourbons CECAA850, they are my preferred American Whiskey. Too bad Van Winkle has gone stratospheric, price wise and Weller has gone missing as people view it as poor man's Pappy. I was able to get my hands on a Weller Special Reserve, which is good, but not in the same league as the Weller Antique or Weller 12. Still, it hit the spot on Saturday night.

I can usually find Antique but you've got to have good timing and be actively looking for 12 around here in the fall.  I've yet to score some William Larue Weller.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Schaffer said:

I tried the WLW & to tell you the truth it damn near blew my head off! Some version of 130+ proof, whew. I have a bottle in the bunker, which I think has a higher proof. I am afraid to open it now.

I honestly think the Antique would be better if it wasn't quite as strong.  It still has a great nose like the 12 though and after your ice melts a little the burn isn't so bad.  Great flavor though.