3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2007 at 11:59 AM, jacksonbart said:

Yabba Dabba Do

post-16829-13819334340268_thumb.jpg

Anyone one up for a drink and some conversation?

Got my truck looked at today for hail damage. $3965.34 worth.

There was a catastrophe tent setup. I pulled up, a guy jumped out of his chair, asked me If I was Me? I said yes, he asked me how many miles on the vehicle, I told him, He handed me a piece of paper and said pull forward....40 minutes later I was handed a check...I asked the guy that looked over my truck how many cars they have done so far, he said since July 4th they are averaging 150 to 160 cars every day.

14 minutes ago, ssh said:

Weller 12 is very hard to find, and one of my favorites.

SSH

You're looking at 3 bottles right there;).

You're right though, it IS hard to find.  It's even harder to find at msrp.  Most stores are pretty greedy.

• Like 1

@CECAA850 I saw a you tube video where they were using Weller to make a poor man’s Pappy Van Winkle.  Would love to try that stuff; but, talking about hard to find, and expensive when you find it.  I’ve actually never tasted Weller. I have a bottle of Glenfiddich in the house now--it’s not too bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@CECAA850 I saw a you tube video where they were using Weller to make a poor man’s Pappy Van Winkle.  Would love to try that stuff; but, talking about hard to find, and expensive when you find it.  I’ve actually never tasted Weller. I have a bottle of Glenfiddich in the house now--it’s not too bad.

Weller is a bourbon and I think Glenfiddich is a scotch.  I can't do scotch.

Pappy and Weller are made by the same company at the same location I believe.  The 12 is really good.

4 minutes ago, muel said:

So if you found a couple of bottles of Weller that have been sitting for over 30 years in the back of a closet would you say, "Drink up!" or _______ ? 

Why in the world wouldn't you?  You could be dead tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, muel said:

So if you found a couple of bottles of Weller that have been sitting for over 30 years in the back of a closet would you say, "Drink up!" or _______ ? 

I could be wrong but I wouldn't think aging in the closet would do anything.  Aging in the barrel is where the magic happens.

• Like 1