3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Reyka vodka made in Iceland and described as a "gem of a vodka and as clean as they come" lives up to the description.  Don't see how you could do much better for $19.95. 

So cheers to my happy hour buds!  Blue cheese stuffed olives of course. 

Glad you picked some up and tried it out.:emotion-21::emotion-46:

• Like 1

Now that its warming up, I do really enjoy a good sipping tequila. Here is one of my favorites:

Casamigos Reposado.

It strikes a fine balance between floral notes and the smoke flavors from the barrel aging. 

image.png.a08fa80c8112b1592cd0b55379d9ae34.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, twk123 said:

Now that its warming up, I do really enjoy a good sipping tequila. Here is one of my favorites:

Casamigos Reposado.

It strikes a fine balance between floral notes and the smoke flavors from the barrel aging. 

Have you ever tried Titanium?  I had some last weekend and couldn't believe how smooth it was.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Reyka vodka made in Iceland and described as a "gem of a vodka and as clean as they come" lives up to the description.  Don't see how you could do much better for $19.95. 

--- I'm pretty darn sure although not positive this is one the "thinners" I brought last year. I never saw it opened and just left it behind. Maybe Rodney used it to sanitize the floor one of the coops ?!? Carl just gave it a disgusted look and continued shaking --- ?!

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Have you ever tried Titanium?  I had some last weekend and couldn't believe how smooth it was.

I have not tried that one, I will have to check it out. Lol when I was in college these Mexican guys lived next door to my apartment and they would always hang out in the lawn on Fridays drinking Corralejo Tequila Reposado with Squirt. Every d@mn time they would somehow con me into taking a shot on my way to class. 😁

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I’ll drink it, I like it....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twk123 said:

I have not tried that one, I will have to check it out. Lol when I was in college these Mexican guys lived next door to my apartment and they would always hang out in the lawn on Fridays drinking Corralejo Tequila Reposado with Squirt. Every d@mn time they would somehow con me into taking a shot on my way to class. 😁

Only Herradura for me

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, CECAA850 said:

That looks good.

Cheers!

I think it is very good 😊 If you like / or have never tried a Bavarian Pils

" The Bavarian brewers have been masters in their trade for centuries and therefore also brew excellent pils beers. Indeed it was a Bavarian master brewer that brewed the first beer according to the pilsner method in the town of Pilsen! The glimmering, light-yellow Ayinger Bairisch Pils has the fragrance of aromatic hops from the “Hallertau” region of Bavaria (only these are used in the Ayinger beer specialties!). The beer is highly fermented and therefore smooth on the initial taste sensation, but also mild and sparkling in body. Our pils is accentuated by the floweriness of the hops aroma and has a more pronounced bitterness on swallowing, which quickly fades from the taste buds."

Flippin YUMMY...Go find some 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twk123 said:

Ayinger is amazing beer and is Bavaria's finest in my opinion. My favorite is their Ur-Weisse, its a darker German wheat beer and my all time favorite for summers.

image.png.cf534dded8631ecb2aa05e0814ebe27b.png

For winter, I am impartial to the Spaten Optimator Doppelbock (You have to be careful with this one though): 

image.png.4a5f0bdc21d9e98ff63318eb4cd67a8e.png

My all time throw back and only because Beer Topia always has it... "Bitte ein Bit."...

" Bitburger is a 4.8% abv Pilsner with annual sales of 1.2 million hectolitres (1.0 million US beer barrels) 

1.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- if only I had known. I would have gifted you with a bottle ----

I actually tried it for the first time in a hotel bar in Helsinki, Finland several years ago.  I'll tell ya, those Finns know how to drink......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I actually tried it for the first time in a hotel bar in Helsinki, Finland several years ago.  I'll tell ya, those Finns know how to drink......

--- worked with Germans for thirty years -- they do a fair job themselves --

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

--- worked with Germans for thirty years -- they do a fair job themselves --

Interesting story: During WWI a group of Finns went to Germany to train to be 'Jager' soldiers in the German Army. Some fought on the front lines then after the war returned to Finland with military experience to help fight for their independence from Russia. They must have done a good job too because there are some pretty crazy stories of what the Finns did to the Soviets during the Winter war.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyOwn said:

I think it is very good 😊 If you like / or have never tried a Bavarian Pils

" The Bavarian brewers have been masters in their trade for centuries and therefore also brew excellent pils beers. Indeed it was a Bavarian master brewer that brewed the first beer according to the pilsner method in the town of Pilsen! The glimmering, light-yellow Ayinger Bairisch Pils has the fragrance of aromatic hops from the “Hallertau” region of Bavaria (only these are used in the Ayinger beer specialties!). The beer is highly fermented and therefore smooth on the initial taste sensation, but also mild and sparkling in body. Our pils is accentuated by the floweriness of the hops aroma and has a more pronounced bitterness on swallowing, which quickly fades from the taste buds."

Flippin YUMMY...Go find some 😍

My daughter went to Belgium about a year ago and brought back a six pack of a dark beer made at a monastery.  The monks sell it once a year and that's how they raise their funds for the upcoming year.  I don't recall the name of the beer and there were no labels on the bottles.  Typically I don't care for dark beer but this was exceptional.  If I didn't see the color I would have never have known it was a dark beer.  I finally got to try it last weekend.  Truly remarkable beer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just back from San Diego.  Had a few blondes at a place called BJ's last night, and had a couple of other blondes at a place called Urge the night before.  Tonight, I'm back to my regular.  Searching for that 'Rocky Mountain High' or hunting werewolves, you figure it out....

• Like 1