3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

I was out with the Bombay.  But let me say this.  Just because there is not a current logical and historic explanation for something does not mean it doesn't exist.  Just because there is not such an explanation does not mean that it has to be an extraterrestrial explanation.  That is logic.  Have you seen the latest explanation for the Nazca lines?  Check out the Smithsonian channel's show called the Mystery of the Nazca Lines.  It disproves the assumption that they could only be seen from the air, for one thing, which has been a common assumption in some circles.  The explanation makes a lot of sense, but it still should not be relegated to the realm of whether one "believes" it or not.   Some things are more believable than others, of course, proof is always preferred.  Much like Stonehenge, more discoveries using better techniques enhance and add new facts to our knowledge.  And now, for the obligatory music reference on a speaker forum, I end with a lyric from ELP---"don't be afraid, man is man made..." (ok that could be considered a belief, lol).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was out with the Bombay.  But let me say this.  Just because there is not a current logical and historic explanation for something does not mean it doesn't exist.  Just because there is not such an explanation does not mean that it has to be an extraterrestrial explanation.  That is logic.  Have you seen the latest explanation for the Nazca lines?  Check out the Smithsonian channel's show called the Mystery of the Nazca Lines.  It disproves the assumption that they could only be seen from the air, for one thing, which has been a common assumption in some circles.  The explanation makes a lot of sense, but it still should not be relegated to the realm of whether one "believes" it or not.   Some things are more believable than others, of course, proof is always preferred.  Much like Stonehenge, more discoveries using better techniques enhance and add new facts to our knowledge.  And now, for the obligatory music reference on a speaker forum, I end with a lyric from ELP---"don't be afraid, man is man made..." (ok that could be considered a belief, lol).

Love you oldtimer :emotion-25:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/7/2007 at 4:59 AM, jacksonbart said:

Yabba Dabba Do

post-16829-13819334340268_thumb.jpg

Hell yea!!! It's Friday, and March, spring is just around the corner....Locally we've been bitchin about the snow....Had  to laugh when my Son said this...

Average total snowfall and days with fresh snow in Ketchum
Days   Inches Centi­metres
8.4 January 25.8 65.5
6.8 February 19.7 50.0
5.4 March 12.3 31.2
2.0 April 4.3 10.9
0.3 May 0.4 1.0
0.7 October 1.6 4.1
5.0 November 16.9 42.9
9.5 December 31.6 80.3
38.1 Year 112.6

On 6/7/2007 at 4:59 AM, jacksonbart said:

Yabba Dabba Do

post-16829-13819334340268_thumb.jpg

Happy Friday all...It's finally March, Spring is on the way...Here locally we've been bitchin about the winter. I had to laugh when my Son sent me what is in his area... No reason to ***** here anymore.. After 26 days and more than 120 inches of snow, Sun Valley is officially “Februburied.”

https://www.mtexpress.com/news/sun_valley/sun-valley-snowfall-breaks-february-record/article_8d74fc02-3a07-11e9-9eab-0f758dfd3e0a.html

• 4 weeks later...
Boy.  This thread is dying a slow death.  Time to get it back to the first page.

Burgers for dinner tonight accompanied by a beer with an appropriate name for our local climate.

20190330_172740.thumb.jpg.a065ab67a278ed22bfa237b5515b5a6d.jpg
Burgers here as well, along with a classic.
cf5a52756892c3903269a08b27a14ffb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2