3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Dry January is officially 1/2 way over!

Yep, and feeling better....

I'm actually going to carry it over for the entire month of Feb as well.  Going to Mexico first part of March for vacation, and want to wow the babes at the pool....

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Dry January is officially 1/2 way over!

38 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Been so warm here have moved on to martinis!

I made it till the 4th.

Had an awesome drink in the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Va. Called the Shape Shifter. I has a frozen ball of Compare in it. So it starts off like a Manhattan and finishes like a boulevardier. I remarked to the bartender that the Shape Shifter was like a Negroni (one of my favorite drinks) but with Bourbon vs Gin. He said that's exactly what a boulevardier *IS*. My wife and I cracked up. I thought I was going to impress the bartender with my refined pallet, instead I revealed my ignorance of drink types/names.

I highly recommend that hotel for a get away weekend. My wife and I played John and Yoko, never needed to leave the hotel. Everything you could possibly want it there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

I made it till the 4th.

Had an awesome drink in the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Va. Called the Shape Shifter. I has a frozen ball of Compare in it. So it starts off like a Manhattan and finishes like a boulevardier. I remarked to the bartender that the Shape Shifter was like a Negroni (one of my favorite drinks) but with Bourbon vs Gin. He said that's exactly what a boulevardier *IS*. My wife and I cracked up. I thought I was going to impress the bartender with my refined pallet, instead I revealed my ignorance of drink types/names.

I highly recommend that hotel for a get away weekend. My wife and I played John and Yoko, never needed to leave the hotel. Everything you could possibly want it there.

You ever bust into the 12?

43 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, and feeling better....

I'm actually going to carry it over for the entire month of Feb as well.  Going to Mexico first part of March for vacation, and want to wow the babes at the pool....

I'll make it as far as the Super Bowl then I'll relent.

30 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You ever bust into the 12?

No, not yet. Have a friend turning 50 on the 30th. Might then.

It was my wife's bday, tough weekend to NOT drink. I'm towing the line now. So not Dry January but much, much less wet. I BBQed  up some chicken thighs last night for dinner and just out of habit I went to grab a beer from the fridge as I headed out to lite the lump. Had to talk myself off the ledge.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

We went out to eat on Tuesday to celebrate my son's 30th birthday.  Tough one not to drink there as well.

You Texans are tough, I've got limited will power. Have to save it for truly useful situations.