3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

never heard of that stuff Randy.

Hi Steve ,   it's been on for a few years in Maryland , from a small micro-brewery  , called Antietam  - exceptional  Beer in my book , sure would go for some right now  , we're drinking Leffe  Brown and Moretti  , 

the description says ............Irish-style Red Ale brewed with British malts & hops. Perfectly balanced and smooth with subtle notes of caramel and a creamy, full body

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

as long as it isn't citrusy.  I'm so disappointed when I try a new beer and find out it has that fruity taste, which for some reason seems to be popular. 

Not at all , this is very similar to a Pub Ale in  Dublin or Cork -the same kind of low alcohol Beer the Irish like to drink at lunch  or after work-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyH001 said:

you mean Half and Half -  

maybe there are other names; but the places I've been call them black & tan. 

What is a traditional Black and Tan beer?

Image result for what is a black and tan beer

A so-called “Black and Tan” is just a combination of Guinness and Bass Ale (though you can use other pale ales or lagers, Bass is traditional). The beers aren't just thrown together, they're layered, with the ale going in first, and quickly—creating a sturdy head on this beer will help you with the layering.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

maybe there are other names; but the places I've been call them black & tan. 

What is a traditional Black and Tan beer?

Image result for what is a black and tan beer

A so-called “Black and Tan” is just a combination of Guinness and Bass Ale (though you can use other pale ales or lagers, Bass is traditional). The beers aren't just thrown together, they're layered, with the ale going in first, and quickly—creating a sturdy head on this beer will help you with the layering.

A great glass of beer is the Black and Tan. And that’s how it’s done. I’ve never had an issue ordering this in a US bar. Most bartenders/waiter/waitresses know the term. Never heard  it called “half and half”. Might have received a coffee with  a splash of Half and Half? Would have been returned - 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...