3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Hi Ben,

I pop my head in here every now and then to see who is around. Hope your trip to Minnesota went well. I'm a bit nervous these days. daughter number 3 is pregnant, due in six weeks. She's having some very serious problems and her doctor told her to start thinking about the answer to the question "you or the baby?" not a question anyone should have to answer let alone a 25 year old. she was very unimpressed with this doctor, so she made an appointment with her old doctor and goes tomorrow for a second opinion. just got done worrying about daughter number 2 as her husband had a cancerous kidney removed a couple of weeks ago. I think i worry more now that my kids are adults than i did when they were small. Steve

Dusting off the stools and keeping things open.

Getting ready for a colonoscopy?

Steve, sorry to hear about your family's health troubles. I'm hoping all goes well. It's frustrating and agonizing not being able to do anything about it yourself!

Ben, have you tried Vernor's ginger ale? I find it to be purdy good.

Way too sweet, IMHO. Alton Brown has an extremely no brainer recipe you can vary to get whatever you want. I tried it "as is" and it was excellent, though in the user reviews you'll find lots of variants for everything from sparkling apple cider to root beer.

Good enough fun and cheap thrills with the kids.

Dave

I think I need to get serious about losing weight and getting in better shape. Difficult to do when you can't stand or walk without pretty intense pain. Maybe I can get another epidural soon. Those help for 4-6 weeks.

I have to find a way to get into the water (swim) and a recumbent bike (real or stationary).

I have to find a way to get into the water (swim)

jack lalane swam from Alcatraz to "The City" that would be a good start--not poking fun at you, just trying to be mildly amusing.

I definitely have enough blubber to maintain my core temperature in the icy waters of San Francisco Bay. I'm a very good buoy.

Steve your money's no good here. Seriously. You used to print up such good looking bills. What's up with this current batch? This stuff won't fool a greedy bank executive much less somebody who actually bothers to look at it.

Some cheap off brand ginger ale out of a 2 liter bottle. Alea won't drink it. It's ok but normal store brand (Kroger) in cans is better. Vernors is better yet. Blenheim is even more better.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Steve your money's no good here. Seriously. You used to print up such good looking bills. What's up with this current batch? This stuff won't fool a greedy bank executive much less somebody who actually bothers to look at it.

i knew i shouldn't try those 8 dollar bills. You guys are just too sharp.

A Boylan Bottling Company ginger ale. Green glass bottle. Pretty good but I'd probably choose Vernors over this. Spinning some vinyl.

So Boxx, did you have your refreshing "Bloddy Mary" with breakfast?

Yes... and I may decide to do it again tomorrow... It is the holiday season....