3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Kulmbacher Eisbock for the manly man German beer afficionado's out there!!! Yes Very hard to find in the US though.... Red Hook brewery out of New Hampshire appears to have an acceptable substitute, though....

Are you still only allowed 1 brew a day? Might as well be the best you can find then. [:D]

I think Hypno-Toad needs to convince rick88 in Right This Minute to get a T amp. I would but I'm too pooped to fight with the durn toad today. Be kind of dangerous for me to invoke his powers in my current sleep induced state. Will that training require a visit to the Okeechobee compound? [:D]

Kind of doubtful we'll make it to FL for spring break this year but I hope we can. In need of some beach bum time. [ip]

p.s. Didn't even make it for Christmas. Didn't miss the > 2200 mile round trip so much, but somewhat, but missed the sand between my toes in December.[H]

Kulmbacher Eisbock for the manly man German beer afficionado's out there!!! Yes Very hard to find in the US though.... Red Hook brewery out of New Hampshire appears to have an acceptable substitute, though....

Iffin you want to make an Eis Bock yourself just take any strong lager and freeze it partially then remove some but not all of the ice.

Getting the right ammount is the hard part...;)

OK folks... It's Friday night. That makes it "party time" by default in my book.

I've got a fridge chock full of whatever cheap beer was on sale this week and no plans for tomorrow morning.

Who else is going to get "profoundly stupid" with me tonight?

I will promise that you'll not hear me say "hold my beer and watch this" [:D]

Just when you think life can't get any better...

A good friend of mine just dropped by and handed me a couple of Cohiba Piramides to celebrate the birth of his son.

As a rule I'm not a cigar smoker unless we're talking something exceptional but the Cohibas certainly qualify.

I guess my house is going to stink to high heaven for a little while. Oh well... [;)]

Just when you think life can't get any better...

A good friend of mine just dropped by and handed me a couple of Cohiba Piramides to celebrate the birth of his son.

As a rule I'm not a cigar smoker unless we're talking something exceptional but the Cohibas certainly qualify.

I guess my house is going to stink to high heaven for a little while. Oh well... Wink

I'll join in.... I was going to take my boat out tomorrow, but the weather is not cooperating, so I'll stay up late tonight, have a drink or two and have a cigar.... Cheers!!

Man, no doubt you guys. Freeze beer? Luckily I have a primo liquor store within 25 miles. They are stocked to the max. Every beer from all over the world...expensive...generally. But still fun to try the different brews. Enjoying Sam Adams sampler pack. Oak Ale. Good stuff.

Cheers brothers!

Tried the partial freezing to make Eisbock before (many times....); not bad, but you have to kill a six-pack just to get a good full glass of the stuff..... I think I shall find a "pre-prepared" version, LOL!!!!

Just get a pony keg, you should get at least a liter out of it lol...

I´d love to send you guys some of my favorites but I don´t think it is that easy to send beer to the us!!!

Its that big day that we all hate, well I do, usually left feeling so inadequate, as I could never live up to expectations, though my wife is pretty cool. She has too be to live on pluto. So what are you going to do or who are you going to do tonight?

For me its gonna be a quiet night with the wife, as I am fighting a cold and fighting her for some special time would require more strength than I have. Did get a card though, ok I made it, feel like I am 5, but not with crayons, some photoshop and old pictures. I must have saved like $4 bucks but wasted an hour and a half. Oh well.

Cheers

I was going to attempt to fix my best effort at a fish called Triple Sec Grouper from a local Itialian restaurant. Fish. At an Italian restaurant in Kokotucky. Go figure. Their fish is excellent. The owners both worked at the Drake Hotel in Chicago, I think the husband in the restaurant that at that time was considered one of the best seafood restaurants in the country. The wife worked taking room service orders.

Anyway. They run a Top Notch restaurant that serves excellent food. Including fish. I've not had better grouper dishes. Not even in Florida when they were allowed to fish for grouper.

But we've all been sick and I've not made it to the store. Budget unfortuantely doesn't allow for Pastarriffic, the amazing Italian restaurant in Kokotucky of all places!, and our youngest daughter is stuck home with is and hit hardest and has a more restrictive diet so it's off to a really good local Mexican restaurant where the 3 of us can eat very well for $20 or less, before drinks and tip.

Bon apetit!

I will have to try the Triple Sec Grouper sometime but do I want to experiment that much with expensive fish? It's basically lightly pankow breaded grouper over fettucine alredo sweetened up with a bit of triple sec. Making me hungry just thinking about it. Also have Grouper Meditrano which is the same grouper with spaghetti and marina. That I probably could wing pretty well. Even better if my wife would make the sauce.