3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

To me today is "Single Awareness Day".

Congrats and wishing much MUCH happiness to those with partners and sincere condolences to those (like me) without.

I picked up a 6-er of Anchor Steam Porter earlier today so I won't be awake long enough to wallow in my singledom very much.

Nite all [:D]

I will have to try the Triple Sec Grouper sometime but do I want to experiment that much with expensive fish? It's basically lightly pankow breaded grouper over fettucine alredo sweetened up with a bit of triple sec. Making me hungry just thinking about it. Also have Grouper Meditrano which is the same grouper with spaghetti and marina. That I probably could wing pretty well. Even better if my wife would make the sauce.

This one is very good and not too spendy at all. I've made it may times and it's always been great

http://www.floras-hideout.com/recipes/recipes.php?page=recipes&data=o/Olive_Garden_Parmesan_Crusted_Tilapia

I'm reminded of a famous TV cook who often said "I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put some of it in what I'm making" [:D]

This one is very good and not too spendy at all. I've made it may times and it's always been great

http://www.floras-hideout.com/recipes/recipes.php?page=recipes&data=o/Olive_Garden_Parmesan_Crusted_Tilapia

I'm reminded of a famous TV cook who often said "I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put some of it in what I'm making" Big Smile

Thanks! I've already printed, though our printer takes awhile to wake up and warm up (Konica Minolta small office color laser) and "printed" to PDF to save in our recipe folder. We've even had parmesan crusted Tilapia from Sam's and it was pretty good. I'm sure this is much better.

Some seafood company was going to build a fish farm in the county but the residents at their first choice of locations raised too much hell so no fish farm. They did say they weren't ruling out our county... yeah right. My daughter's reply was along the lines of "... would you want a fish farm accross the road? Do you know what they feed them?..." My response was why not as regulations if even close to followed won't be near as pungent as when the idiots who didn't know how to keep their pigs in kept them accross the road.. Not real farmers.... my dad raised pigs for years when I was knee high and before. Our pigs normally didn't get out in the same place more than once a year, if then, unless some twit let them out. [:@] Back to the fish farm. No, I don't know what they feed them.... but I'm sure as hell would feel a lot safer eating fish from the fish farm accross the road than what one buys at Sams .... Farm raised in China. And the thought was if the fish farm processed them, undersized and broken filets might be available fresh for a song. [:D] But no such luck and no stench of rotting fish food and fish poop filled fish farm ponds either.

Here''s a pretty good quick and easy alfredo sauce. It uses cream cheese so is probalby lower in fat and pretty idiot proof.... unless you try to do it from memory as our cooking geek previously mentioned daughter did and used way too much cream cheese. A bit (lot) too thick and pasty. lol But still tasted pretty good.

Instead of cooking. We went to the very affordable local Mexican restaurant and ate very well, less than $40 with tip for the 3 of us. Stopped by Kroger on the way home to pick up a few things and grabbed a Whitman's sampler box of chocolates. It was that, Russell Stover, or Lindt Lindor truffles. The Whitman $10 box was on sale for $6 and 49.2 cents per pouund as opposed to $1.xx per pound for the others. Had I had time I'd ahve probably stopped by local chocolate shop J Edwards which is I think $8.95 for 1/2 a pound. [:S] But very good. [:D]

Then came home and nothing worthwhile on TV so it's the Steven and Chris show. 2 gay guys on home decor, cooking, etc. Quite entertaining. Learning how to make something from some fast talking woman. Using white and/or red wine. Chicken broth and wine.

Oops. Forgot to get any flowers at Kroger. We've all been sick sometime since Saturday and our daughter is still running a low grade fever and I had a very low grade fever, low enough not to matter but might be back up since tylenol has now worn off. So all thing considered. It could've been much worse.

For single people - treat yourself to a nice cigar or two and your favorite refreshing adult beverages. No SWMBO you can smoke as many cigars and drink as many drinks as you like.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day.

I don't wanna make you guys too jealous (JB!), but I'm pretty busy this week with three 22-year old Japanese ladies!

Before y'all get thinking the wrong thing, they all call me Papa, and they're all 3 my Japanese "daughters." One of the girls was here 1-1/2 years ago as an exchange student. This year she's back with two friends! Having fun showing the local sites. This afternoon it's off to the Charles M. Schulz Museum!

This afternoon it's off to the Charles M. Schulz Museum!

I am so jealous. That has just got to be a cool field trip.

don't wanna make you guys too jealous (JB!), but I'm pretty busy this week with three 22-year old Japanese ladies!

I spent a lot of time last summer with a very nice 20 year Spanish young lady.

She is also like a "daughter" to us.

She was a foreign exchange student our oldest daughter's senior year in high school. We weren't her host family but were for a couple of weeks. One being spring break. The other her final week or so here. Odd I know. She was playing soccer on my daughter's high school team, yes, Indiana techincally allows improrts from out of the country in high school sports though I'm not sure a school can pick and choose a foreign excange student. Anyway her original host family had decided she shouldn't play soccer and didn't want to let her go to HS football games, movies, etc. She was a pretty good soccer player, but played mostly indoors and really an afterthoght as my daugher's (the best damn girls goilie that HS had ever had though the coackes didn't even know how to warm up much less coach a goalie....) loaded with talent but never got out of the sectional high school team. Anyway. The soccer coach, a very proper English gentleman who I think by then had retired from his real job, decided that wasn't right. "Spaniard" was miserable. So over one weekend the soccer coach and his equally proper English wife became the new host family.

Well they already had plans for spring break. Returning to the same island in Florida she went with them for Christmas so we became "Spaniard's" temporaty host family for that week or 10 days as Elyse and "Spaniard" (one of Elyse's classmates nicknames. Fes and Albs were others). So we took her to spring break in Florida.

No not northern Florida, Panama City where most all of Kokotucky and the surrounding county schools (including ours) go to Panama City. Everybody would pester us why don't you go to Panama City? Duh!. It's COLD compared to Venice were father out law lives. It's packed full of overly inebriated underage teenagers enjoying way too many adult beverages.... along with their parents who also probably had a couple too many refreshing adult beverages. Not too bad though as I don't think anybody tried do drive anywhere in Panama City.

Nope. We went more ridnick style. On the cheap. Staying with the father out law (former used car salesman.... need I say more... and thr faug gold jewelry to prove it...) for the week or so. To Venice. A retirement community originally planned and built by the Railroad engineers union. Home of a former WW II air force base. Home of the flight school where the 9/11 terrorists were taught to fly... they showed an arial shot of where they lived and Alea pointed out her Pap's home. The last destination of pary seeking high school or college students on spring break. But very close to Sanibel island. Many years due to timing, Sanibel would be a ghost town as our schools spring break was near the last of the high schools and the college party weeks are over weeks earlier.

But still plenty of eye candy on the beaches. And also way too many old men in Speedos and old ladies in itsy bitsty teeny weenie (couldn't look long engough to determine color [:S]) string bikinis. Those images make the thought of accidentally catching Fini dancin' butt necked in front of his web cam well not enjoyable thoughts but don't make me throw up which was hard to do on the beach.

So highlights of spring break trip.

• The weekend before spring break trip I suggest a shopping trip to Lafayette (IN nearby home of Purdue University where Paul Klipsch's father was an engineering professor) to shop for spring break clothes. And oh, I'm goig to meet this guy I've never met (JamesV) who Michael (Colterphoto1 says is ok) to pick up some speakers (Heresies - we have a Grand Caravan - easily hides a pair of Heresies) to deliver to some other guy named Marshall whom I've also never met in person (Groomlakarea51) in the middle of nowhwere Florida about an hour from Venice (2 each way if driving close to the speedlimit). And team SWMBO didn't say no
  • Team SWMBO had a lot of fun meeting James at a restarurant parking lot, taking speakers out of his back seat, unwrappin, rewrapping with my blankets and putting into the back of the Grand Caravan. James and his girlfriend (I always forget her name) returning to NW Indiana. James had picked the Heresies up from Chicago and delivered to me in Lafayette as it's the kind of things that seem like fun to the Klipschanatics who hang out here. He also hauled litteraly a TON of LPs down to the Pilgrimage in 2008 contributed by Artto.... we scoed 16 minty LPS between Alea and myself
  • So the first real Klipsch to enter our home, get a bout 2 or 3 hours of feeding and nurturing (I know, they should be fed daily... but prep for a long road trip wigs out team SWMBO) the night before we leave. And team SWMBO actually sits down and listens and watches the DVD I had put in. A bit lf the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" (very good SQ IMVHO, std DVD) and some of James Taylors' "Live At The Beacon Theater". So maybe now they'll start to believe
  • Per our usual long road trip the Grand Caravan is loaded to the gils. Somehow we mange to fly light but snacks, drinks, 14 paris of shoes apiece (ok, on average, I only take 3 or 4 pairs including sandals) etc. With "Spaniard" and her luggage. The Heresies easily hidden in the rear cargo area behind the back seats. Gotta love the ease of reconfiguring the interier with the "sto and go". We usually travel on long road trips, 3 or 4 with one of the front seats down. Long trip comfort? Well, the seats are surprisingly supportive and better than some in more expen$ive family trucksters we looked at by the general and have you driven one of 'em lately
  • So we arrive at father out laws. Just leave the Heresies in the van, safely wrapped in the requisite "Indian" style and other blankets
  • So I make arrangements to meet Marshall... with the "Wall of Voodoo" and "Wall of Boudoir" in his homestead it seemed like a road tirp to Okeechobee was in order.
  • Father out law. As he has such an active life with doctor's appointments and running the kitchen at the Moose for food I think can't live without his Jaguar. He has a Town Car in his garage but it has no engine. Before that the beach car was a Jack Nicklaus Town Car. And his puny Indiana sized ski boat in his drive. It had sat at the dock of a firend's friend who had water accesss but they dold their place and he no longer could tow his boat. We think still rotting in his drive way though Alea is going to sell it next time we're there. It needs some engine work, and body work as it started taking on a bit of water. And we've cleaned the trees and stuff out of it a couple fo times that start growing in it as it's cover has long since rotted.
  • So Team SWMBO and Alba, honorary Spanish daugher and team SWMBO #4 decide to go with to Okeechobee. The girls are kind of excited to meet Don K Hote (Marshall's miniature white donkey) and Wolf (the mostly wofl family dog) that combined provide perimeter defense for his compound
  • 2 hours later, finding that the "real" Florida between the Gulf coast and the middle of Florida is well, knid of boring. You've a few dozen orange groves or a few dozen field of cattle (we have those in Indiana also, but with different, greener, or less green grass depending on recent precipitation) we arrive at Mashall's compound.
  • We hadn't yet bothred to get lunch. We were going to meet Marshall for lunch at the one Okeechobee restaruant fit to eat at but he had to wait at home for Embarq to fix his internet. As a sherriff's deputy and leader of the Okeechobee county dive team, whose primary responsiblitly I think is fish drunken boaters out of Lake Okeechobee before the gators find them. Now since retired.
  • So we start the tour in the front room. I dunno, 2 or 3 pair of Cornwall at the time? Then continue to his 10 year old son's room. Klipschorns and Heresies for gaming .. than a peak inside teenage daughter'ss room with the loaded question is this messy of a room normal for a teenaged girl? I assured him it was not, as you could actually see quite a bit of te floor in his daughter's room.
  • Then a stop at the "Wall of Boudoir". Naturally Marshall had thoguht to hand me drool rag. Then a quick peek into the garage with 3 to 5 pairs of Cornwalls in various stages of restoration, his $500 project Klipschorns, some heresies. I think a pair of Heresy motorboards he offered up if I wanted to start collecting parts. I think the only thing salvagable from a thoroughly trashed pair of Heresies he saved from the landfilll (and probably the motorboards in the Heresy 1 Extremes I now own?...) and then "The Wall of Voodoo"
  • Then to the kitchen for lunch of crazy homehade salsa that team SWMBO loved, it was good but well, too healthy for me to enjoy. And alligator Marshall had marinated all morning and sauteed in EVOO 4 different ways that proved it's doesn't have to as tough as chicken. Alea loves Alligator so now Marshall's cool in her eyes....
  • So team SWMBO passes on swimming (OMG there are a couple of spiders in the pool... duh! It's Florida) and go to "play" with Wolf and Don K. While Marshall and I proceed to listen to that version of the "Wall of Voodoo". Let's see, Klipschorns in the corner? Forte's on torp? or Cownwall. A pair of bells as center file between the Klipschorns. I think an unused pair of Heresies sitting on the Belles. All powered by really pretty minty vintage Sansuie gear with dozen of buttons and knobs and all kinds of controls to twiddle and twirl and to adjust.
  • Meanwhile team SWMBO, though they still think the want even a full sized donkey (or mule in Alea's case so she can name it HlalfAss) and thought that Wolf made apretty cool dog petting a miniature donkey no matter how cute (?) and wolf get's old reather quick... so they come in to check out the music, and well, quickly get bored with that.... and as if on queue, Marshall's then teenaged daughter, I think Alba's age?, arrives home, roles her eyes and they go saddle up the horses and go riding for quite a bit which turned out really well as one of their horses, Marhsalls SWMBO runs a home for wayward horses or something like that, is a Spanish horse that dances as opposed to gallops and really seemd to respond well to Alba's Spanish, like it understood her. And team SWMBO and Alba especially loved the horses. So it was getting late enought time to head back to Venice to make dinner with the grumpy old man (and I mean that in the nicest possible way...)
  • So the rest of the trip was being beach bums and introduction "Spaniard" to the fines most unhealthy America cuisine west central Florida has to offier.. The very proper English soccer coach and wife, they are quite proper lovely British people though I think citizens now of the US?
  • And as the said proper English couple had a wedding planned with out of the country guests for "Spaniards" last week or two she sepnt most of her final 10 days to 2 weeks with us.... having to go catch her international flight about 3 minutes before Paul and Hillary arrived to see off their dauighter and new son in law
  • So ...Alba was going to return to states to visit the summer before last, and Elyse said I wish it was next year (this past summer) as I'm getting married so she delayed her visit a year. So I asked if she was going to be in the wedding? No. Too much to go wrong logistically. So I reminded SWMBO 2 that Alba was pretty bright and at one time hoped to study aerospace engineering at Purdue but would require more classes so now studying biology with goal to become MD I think the last I heard at universtiy in her coastal town fo A Coruna (sp? missing little acceent) where university education costs practically nothing. So I tell the daughter she needs to be in wedding. She's dealyed trip and coming from Spain she's bright and can easily convert metric dress measurements to inches. Or we could. She did and her dress fit perfectly. We also paid for her dress but did tell it not to tell the other bridesmaids. [:#]
  • 3 years ago she was a nice, very cute young girl
  • On return she was a very nice, very attactive young woman ... who we had Alea go visit her sister as Alba stayed with Elyse and not her former host family though she did spend at least a couple of days with them. Anyway sent Alea to Alba sit so she didn't get herself into too much trouble.
  • Besides being very bright and attractive young woman,she also has a wickedly funny sense of humor and had a blast at the wedding and more so reception where she wasn't yet of legal age, in this country, though the bartended didn't uh, shall we, say verify IDs real thoroughlly lol
  • Of course my big fear was given Europeans uh, fewer hangups about neckedness and the like, was to come home and find her skinny dipping in our vinyl and steel poind out back. They diid hange out there a bit but as far as I know [:o] were "fully" clothed at all times

Wow. several thousand words that say basically not much that I can figure. I've outdone myself in pointless, yet potentially entertaining, long posts.

3 say you Fini. Only 1 hear and keep your eyes off our "daughter".

I don't wanna make you guys too jealous (JB!), but I'm pretty busy this week with three 22-year old Japanese ladies!

Before y'all get thinking the wrong thing, they all call me Papa, and they're all 3 my Japanese "daughters." One of the girls was here 1-1/2 years ago as an exchange student. This year she's back with two friends! Having fun showing the local sites. This afternoon it's off to the Charles M. Schulz Museum!

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

Top Notch!

• 1 month later...

The new avatar is Bill The Cat in his Ted Weber t shirt (www.tedweber.com) February 24th / 25th early AM at the final for now Healing Sixes gig. The next day, he was rather bummed about giving his Weber t shirt to band member Doug after having the band autograph it and was hitting the Blenheim pretty hard. No wonder that case plus a 6 pack had been disappearing so fast.

2012-02-25_Bill_Lost_His_Shirt.jpg