3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

• 3 months later...

Happy New Years...I guess? I suppose I have not been helping the cause...I have probably only logged on to the forum once or twice in the last 3 months.

All is well in my bar and homestead and family, I hope others' are as well. My job has been good, steady work, I have been putting in 60 hour weeks for the first quarter of the year to upgrade the homestead to a "farmette" before my son starts school...the work has been good, the search for 10 acres and a house has not been.

We need to all give ourselves a kick in the a** for not posting. I sincerly hope all our our bar mates are ok and I have not missed anything catastrophic. With that, I give a hearty cheers to everyone. A round of gin and tonics on me and a sincere recommendation of Bell's Smitten Rye Ale to anyone in the midwest that can obtain it!

ACE

since folks are making an appearance tonight, i will too. haven't been around here for a while. hope you are all well.

Have been better with no complaints. Hope you too are well. Great bunch of folks to put up with me...so far.

In an effort to kick start business, happy hour starts at 5:00 p.m. (EST) and goes until closing 2:00 a.m. (tonight only)

Pool is on the house until 8:00 (remember no masse shots permitted).

No cover, but do remember to take good care of the staff when ordering food and drinks.

Entertainment news: George Strait has agreed to stop by and pick a few tunes for the group. So come early.

It's 5:02... I guess I can start. Had the London Symphony Orchestra on for most of the afternoon. I'll switch to something else soon.

Still drinking tea at the moment, but my low budget will have me switch to Yuengling after awhile.

Bruce

Right about tax day, I got an evening call from one of the faculty at the colleg ewhere I work. He's in the Business Dept., and was home trying to print tax prep stuff for family members. Had a problem with the print spooler crashing, blah, blah... I helped him out (over the phone), so he gave me a bottle of rum. Sheesh... it's really good, and I've not had any rum for a long time.

Bruce

post-7149-13819853433778_thumb.jpg

Right about tax day, I got an evening call from one of the faculty at the colleg ewhere I work. He's in the Business Dept., and was home trying to print tax prep stuff for family members. Had a problem with the print spooler crashing, blah, blah... I helped him out (over the phone), so he gave me a bottle of rum. Sheesh... it's really good, and I've not had any rum for a long time.

Bruce

It must be a dark rum?

Yup, really smooth. He told me the place he gets it has the 8 year for the same price as their 4 year. I'ts under $20 a bottle, which made me wonder, but I like it.

Bruce

I'm going to see if we can stock the bar with some and maybe take some to the house. lol..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...