3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings on this fine night chaps.......Drinking some new Dogfish Head "American Beauty". It's a beer brewed with ingredients suggested by The Grateful Dead and their fans. I have been trying a bunch of Dogfish Head beers due to watching a documentary called BREWMASTERS on NetFlix.....Very good show about the brewery. I also got some MEAD......Sky River!!!.....Cheers :emotion-22:

post-46907-0-82800000-1383876846_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks Steve....it was a long, dark road back and yes things are better. I asked Ben to let you know about my loss. You were one of only four here who knew why I was a no show at our virtual bar for so long

Thanks for the beer and kind words my friend!

Edited by Tarheel

Thanks Steve....it was a long, dark road back and yes things are better. I asked Ben to let you know about my loss. You were one of only four here who knew why I was a no show at our virtual bar for so long

Thanks for the beer and kind words my friend!

Yes Ben told me and I wish i would have had more comforting words; but, i imagine that few words could be much comfort at that time. But, i'm glad that things are getting better. Speaking of Ben, I haven't heard much from him lately. I know he's walking around with a new hip these days.

Edited by BigStewMan

I'm still around. Learning how the new forum works.... Probably get some warning points or banned as I've been bullying or I mean harassing uh, hm, uh, providing witty comments on Amy's Blog. Yeah that's it. I am so screwed.. lol

FB is easier. Can send LP or CD photo's being played right from my phone...

Working on job search tonight. Updating my resume to highlight tech leadership for position recruiter called me about Friday night. Emailed me again yesterday, and called again tonight. Seems like a good chance to get an interview.

Chuck does seem to be in a much better happier place these days. Life never returns to "normal" after such a tragic loss as "normal" is forever different. At least that's been my experience losing my parents, other family members, and friends. The hole in your heart may grow smaller but will always be there. Cheers. A round on me in honor of all the loved ones non longer with us.

Just some Canada Dry ginger ale for me tonight.

Keep Alea in your thougths and prayers.

She drove herself back to Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo MI Sunday evening and did not have a car on campus previously.

She returned home by train to Lafayette IN throigh Chicago to see her otologist. Here hearing loss worsened dramatically in the lst couple of weeks.

Her "good" ear which had about a 10% loss now has almost as much loss as here bad ear. She will need another hearing insturment. Luckily her otologist's audiologists have a model that's an upgrade to the existing one she has but heavily discounted as it's 2 years old and considered obsolete. Here existing hearing instrument that is over 4 years old required a new receiver at $150.

We'll also be getting her a device to connect to them using blue tooth that can also connect to blue tooth devices such as iPods and a microphone unit made for it she can have her professors and instructors use.

Thankfully we have enough in my retirement medical savings account to cover these expenses.

Western Michigan is very good with support from disability services. For larger classes she has a scribe avaiable who takes notes that via bluetooth k get transferred to her laptop and will probably be available for more classes with her hearing degrading even more..

On the upside, her hearing was bad enough for disability assistance to pay for school in the past but too much in one ear and not enough in the other. She now qualifies for assistance to pay for school but not sure how soon that can kick in and if it's enough to pay for more than a couple of text books. Every little bit helps.

The bad new is that the hearing loss in her ear is not repairable. The tiny bones (hammer, anvil, and stirrup) in her good ear had extra bone in the past that could be shaved off that was thought to be at least part of the cause of her loss in that ear but now they are normal in the latest MRI. Has her otologist stumped.

Have a great week everybody. I need to get going. Promised recruiter I'd get that resume back to him and I need to take my wife to work as our other vehcle won't start.