3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

32 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no didn’t get the Antique.  The only Weller that they had was Special Reserve.  I was surprised that it was only $25 -- I expected $50.

I doubt the 107 will be that inexpensive.  Have you tried the 107? I wonder if it’s as good as the old man said it is.

The hierarchy is:

Special Reserve 

Antique 

William LaRue. 

I've had all but the LaRue.  It'a REALLY hard to find.  Special Reserve is pretty much everywhere.

Just now, BigStewMan said:

kinda defeats the purpose of its name doesn’t it?.

I figured at $25 that it was at the bottom of the hierarchy.  But, it’s probably still pretty good, i’m guessing. 

I like all the wheated bourbons.  I doubt you'll find a better bourbon at that price.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I doubt you'll find a better bourbon at that price.

that’s what the old guy at the liquor store told me ... best stuff at this price. He said it’s very smooth.

i’ll try it with a splash of water like you suggested -- that’s how my brother drinks it.  I don’t like sweet drinks, so stuff like rum & coke or seven and sevens don’t appeal to me. For the record, i think rum may be the worst alcoholic beverage in existence. 

For hard liquor, i was always a tequila man predominantly; but, have always liked bourbon. 

Being Portuguese, i grew up drinking home made stuff though. Very powerful stuff. my relatives would cut it with water and a pound of honey -- and it would still burn an invisible flame. This stuff was the left over stuff at the bottom of a wine vat that was run through a still.  We called it “Jackass.”  I have no more and that generation of my family have all passed away -- i don’t think i’ll ever get any again.

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If that's the case I'm thinking you'll like it.  Let me know what you think. 

my brother just cracked it open and said it good ... “very smooth” was how he described it and said it definitely doesn’t have a cheap smell to it like other bourbons have.