3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Tito's vodka from Texas...I will check our stores here this week. Thanks for the tip.

Jay....will also look for Olifant vodka. Thanks

I just thought of another extremely good vodka at a stupid low price. Monopolowa. It's the cheapest potato vodka I've found and much better than many more expensive brands. It's not Chopin but it's very good nonetheless. It was so cheap that I allmost didn't try it. I figured nothing that cheap would even be worth drinking. Very pleasantly surprised.

CECAA850......you and Jay are going to have my liquor cabinet full with all these good suggestions[:)][D] I am not really that cheap its just that between me and Bluesboy we can go through a whole bunch of vodka in a short time. Just now I finished a bottle of Dalmore single malt scotch and must replinish that. We have ABC stores here. Can you buy vodka in grocery stores there? Wish we could here. Thanks for all the help.

CECAA850......you and Jay are going to have my liquor cabinet full with all these good suggestions[:)][D] I am not really that cheap its just that between me and Bluesboy we can go through a whole bunch of vodka in a short time. Just now I finished a bottle of Dalmore single malt scotch and must replinish that. We have ABC stores here. Can you buy vodka in grocery stores there? Wish we could here. Thanks for all the help.

I work at a said shop..... I know what taste good and what you just throw money away. Try William Grant's Family reserve to replace the dalmore single malt. It should be 19.99 a 1.75 liter

Arrrrrgh, I can't do scotch, but more power to those that can.

No liquor is available in the grocery stores here. Not really sure what the thinking behind that is. You can drive a short distance to Louisiana and buy liquor in the grocery stores. Heck, you can even buy draft beer in convenience stores as well as daquiris through a drive through.

"CECAA850......you and Jay are going to have my liquor cabinet full with all these good suggestionsSmileDrinks I am not really that cheap its just that between me and Bluesboy we can go through a whole bunch of vodka in a short time."

I was buying "Skol" (it was about $12 for a half gallon) for Bloody Mary's and "Sterling" for Martinis. I've ended up with a bump or two on my noggin' from 'Tater Whiskey. Don't hurt 'til the next day though.

I quit drinking heavy about 6 years ago. I drank 7 nights a week. Wherever I could find "Live Music". Love a good band. I went through some alcohol. Case of Michelob Light and about a dozen shots of "Aftershock", or Bourbon, or Brandy, and a big "fatty" or two nightly. Good times. I still made it to work EVERYDAY without fail. Never missed one single day in over 20 years of doing that. Only one DUI. Got caught coming out of a "roadhouse" in Daleville Indiana May 28th, '92 that had just been busted for illegal gambling machines. I was arrested and my car was towed before I even blew into the Breathalyzer. Six hours later I blew a .08 or what ever it was. .1 was the legal limit. My numbers may be wrong but you get the idea. I could hold some booze. I had a very good Atty and "beat the rap".

I quit "cold turkey" and never missed it. No problems at all except I lost a bunch of friends. Now a couple of beers kicks my A$$.

Harry

.08 is Drunk Driving in New York State ................................

So Buck......does that mean you don't get to leave home often?

Got an early start on happy hour today......just had a Modelo (mexican beer) and now mixing a martini. Put Dylan's Slow Train Coming on the tt.

To be honest with you, I don't want to drive IF I've been drinking........That's not the way I want to die...nor, Do I want to be responsable for some one else's death.............Call Me Stupid, but that's my story!!!!!!!!..............pass the snakejuice...........

Thats a responsible attitude Buck.....It really poses a problem when you can't go over to a friends house and have a few drinks but thats where we are. I remember in college days when we never drove anywhere without a beer resting in our laps or between our legs. One day soon after I win the powerball drawing me and Bluesboy are going to ride out to your place in my new Carrera and have a drink with you. Until then drink at home or have a designated driver....eh!

.08 is Drunk Driving in New York State ................................

So Buck......does that mean you don't get to leave home often?

Got an early start on happy hour today......just had a Modelo (mexican beer) and now mixing a martini. Put Dylan's Slow Train Coming on the tt.

try mondelo negra, its soo much smoother and no headaches the next day after a 6 pack

I brought a 12 pack of Sam Adams Summer styles

Boston Lager (yum)
Boston Ale (yuck)
Pale Ale (did not try yet)
Cherry Wheat (A favourite)
Hefeweizen (did not try yet)
Summer Ale (did not try yet)

slowly I will try all the Sam Adams all the way to the utopia

Got the Modelo Negra Jay....ABC store did not have Olifant vodka!

CECAA850......looks like I will be trying Tito's vodka first. Found a fifth for $19.95 and put it in the freezer per bottle instructions. You are suppose to give it a shake right out of the freezer before opening. I will give a review later.

Okay...its later now. My first thought at the ABC store was that Tito chose a tough price range with some heady competition.....$1 more than Stoli and $1 less than Absolut. I did my usual prep....got everything cold, fresh jalopeno olives, swirl of vermouth. My impression....this stuff is smooth. I was not expecting to like it as much. CECAA850....Texas got it right with Tito's[Y][Y]