3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

hey winchester,

enjoy that knob creek. finishing my diet coke from dinner and have the nfl draft on in the background--getting ready to crank some tunes though.

glad it's friday--this was a trying week at work for sure. i think this is the first weekend in a long time that i've really looked forward to.

hope you all have a good one.

steve

A wonderful day of burning up a bunch of 45 and 40 ammo at the rifle and pistol club. I shot average but beat the rest- a contest of who had the worst reading glasses eyes. I could feel some remnants of my old competitive shooting days coming back. Held in my hands the 20 ga Boss shotgun owned by Stanley of Morgan Stanley- a piece of history - built in 1919- still in exscellent cond- value 100k plus. what a piece of art- fully engraved. Finished up the day with a fine cuban cigar at the smoke shop followed by a few beers with friends- nice

grilling some 2" thick pork chops marinated with olive oil and some fresh bread and cheese. Opening a nice Pinot.

Cheers to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful day of burning up a bunch of 45 and 40 ammo at the rifle and pistol club. I shot average but beat the rest- a contest of who had the worst reading glasses eyes. I could feel some remnants of my old competitive shooting days coming back. Held in my hands the 20 ga Boss shotgun owned by Stanley of Morgan Stanley- a piece of history - built in 1919- still in exscellent cond- value 100k plus. what a piece of art- fully engraved. Finished up the day with a fine cuban cigar at the smoke shop followed by a few beers with friends- nice

grilling some 2" thick pork chops marinated with olive oil and some fresh bread and cheese. Opening a nice Pinot.

Cheers to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodness.. you are my new best friend. What a great day... I got to mow the grass and go to Costco today.

However, things are looking better. The Mac and Klipsch equipment are warming up and, yes, the wine bottle is open also.

Enjoy the chops....

Not sure what tomorrow brings...may be signing off for a month...was supposed to take off tonight, but delayed till tomorrow morning. Hope to have time to stop in, but wanted to raise a quick toast and say good times and good tunes ahead. Cheers gents, have one one me!

Ace......congrats on the job and good luck with training. When you get back ...drinks are on you.

The new to me preamp arrived. Hooked it up this afternoon and gave a quick listen. TK49 did a great job of packing and is a pleasure to deal with.

Mark seems to have gotten this one right. It has cream but I'm using a mm Clearaudio virtuoso wood so no need for cream right now. I am going to mix a martini and head to the music room.

Cheers gentlemen!

Ace- not so fast bud- get your @ss back here and buy some more free drinks[:D]

Boxx- whats your deal?? gun guy? cigar guy??

TH -Hows about a REPORT on that lovely BBXT???????????

Had the best grouper in a long long time last nite. Marinated in olive oil/ sacheries/orange/ lemmons / pepper- slow grilled at med heat- awesome - unreal.

Slow roasting some baby backs- 3 hour cook time at 325- maybe crack a badass spanish red to pair with it..

sipping on a knob creek and coke - going crazy smelling these ribs cooking-

cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace- not so fast bud- get your @ss back here and buy some more free drinksBig Smile

Boxx- whats your deal?? gun guy? cigar guy??

TH -Hows about a REPORT on that lovely BBXT???????????

Had the best grouper in a long long time last nite. Marinated in olive oil/ sacheries/orange/ lemmons / pepper- slow grilled at med heat- awesome - unreal.

Slow roasting some baby backs- 3 hour cook time at 325- maybe crack a badass spanish red to pair with it..

sipping on a knob creek and coke - going crazy smelling these ribs cooking-

cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm a wine and cigar guy. I'm enjoying an excellent Rose, with a nice PRINCIPE PRINCIPES CAMEROON PANETELA RUM (best said... a dominican soaked in rum). With some jazz playing on the system; what away to spend Wednesday evening.

Here's to ya bud

Long ashes- may you smokes all be excellent

Speaking of Principes- try the Padron 1964 aniverseiro Principie- worlds best small cigar

Listening to George Lucas- Luke and the locomotives- XRCS- cranked up to about 11:30 on the VRDs - ONG- what a CD.

Waiting for those ribs to cook- wonderful Wed nite

Dont be a stranger- this is a great thread.[Y] [D] [Y] [:D] [Y]

Ace - good luck on the job training.

Chuck - congrats on the new JM Blueberry - sounds like it's one sweet sounding preamp.

Boxx - enjoy your vino and mokes

Winchester - Dang man, you're making me hungry.... Grouper (mmmmm) and Ribs (mmmmm)

I bought 1/2 a pork loin to put on ths smoker sometime this weekend.

Just a cheap Rally's strawberry milkshake. Our youngest daughter wanted a chocolate one. I think next time I'm going to Dairy Queen (if they're still open and I think they were... not too much more and a LOT better - DQ puts strawberries in their strawberries milkshakes. The chocolate is probably better as well.

Cheers all.

Ace - good luck on the job training.

Chuck - congrats on the new JM Blueberry - sounds like it's one sweet sounding preamp.

Boxx - enjoy your vino and mokes

Winchester - Dang man, you're making me hungry.... Grouper (mmmmm) and Ribs (mmmmm)

I bought 1/2 a pork loin to put on ths smoker sometime this weekend.

Just a cheap Rally's strawberry milkshake. Our youngest daughter wanted a chocolate one. I think next time I'm going to Dairy Queen (if they're still open and I think they were... not too much more and a LOT better - DQ puts strawberries in their strawberries milkshakes. The chocolate is probably better as well.

Cheers all.

Let me know how you decide to cook your pork loin... I'm always looking to learn new ways to smoke on the smoker!

Let me know how you decide to cook your pork loin... I'm always looking to learn new ways to smoke on the smoker!

We usually just rub it with olive oil and rosemary, maybe a little salt, some pepper, maybe some garlic powder.

Normally mostly charcoal in the firebox with a few chunks of mesquite or apple wood the last few times as a co worker had cut down his applie tree a couple of years ago and I went and hauled it away. Over a drip pan with water with a few extra spice thrown in for good measure seems to help keep it from drying out. Usually takes about 5 hours I think often about 300 to 350 degrees.

So nothing real special but it tastes pretty good. Very little work required - maybe add some charcoal once or twice. Occasionally start a new chimney if I don't add charcoal or word soon enough. Turn it end to end about half way through. Even with the $1.67 per pound pork loins from the local Kroger.

Take it out and let it sit awhile after the meat thermometer reaches the temperature in our Betty Crocker cookbook.

Maybe have the girls do their thing with apple butter and whatever else they did with a pork roast last week or the week before as it was really good.

Maybe one of these days I'll try marinating it in something. Pork chops we often marinate in pineapple teriaky marinade or even pineapple juice. Maybe try some apple juice.

Quick drink and pop in tonight guys...hope all is well at the bar. I miss my family a lot....training has gone well this week...we will see next week when I strap on the gaffs and get to freestyle up a utility pole...I hope my knees hold out for just one week haha. The new K-55V was delivered yesteday...will enjoy full sound when I get home at some point. The wireless here is horrid and my sub notebook has a failing hard drive...the bearing are grinding and smells of burning...and nobody in town is going to have a sub micro hard drive in stock. May be buying a new one to last till I get home and can fix it. Tanq and tonic here, cheers! ACE

We usually just rub it with olive oil and rosemary, maybe a little salt, some pepper, maybe some garlic powder.

Normally mostly charcoal in the firebox with a few chunks of mesquite or apple wood the last few times as a co worker had cut down his applie tree a couple of years ago and I went and hauled it away. Over a drip pan with water with a few extra spice thrown in for good measure seems to help keep it from drying out. Usually takes about 5 hours I think often about 300 to 350 degrees.

So nothing real special but it tastes pretty good. Very little work required - maybe add some charcoal once or twice. Occasionally start a new chimney if I don't add charcoal or word soon enough. Turn it end to end about half way through. Even with the $1.67 per pound pork loins from the local Kroger.

Take it out and let it sit awhile after the meat thermometer reaches the temperature in our Betty Crocker cookbook.

Maybe have the girls do their thing with apple butter and whatever else they did with a pork roast last week or the week before as it was really good.

Maybe one of these days I'll try marinating it in something. Pork chops we often marinate in pineapple teriaky marinade or even pineapple juice. Maybe try some apple juice.

This looks like a winning combination to me. I'll give it a try, but not tonight. The wind here is gusting 40 to 50 mph this evening. I'll give it a go this weekend. Thanks, Boxx....

Ace....good to hear from you. Hope those legs/knees hold up during training.

Good to see Boxx here at the bar again....getting to be a regular....we'll start saving your seat.

Thanks for the email winchester....tried to reply but my reply was blocked?

Ben hope you and the family are well.

Where is our buddy Stew?

Another short session with the new preamp this afternoon. Think its a keeper. Just sunday bluesboy and I were speculating if there could be an improvement over the Quicksilver preamp with its really nice phono section. Well there is for sure. My bud Oldbuckster once questioned me when I was going on about my new HK A500 and how I thought it sounded better than my horn monos. He was right. Maybe it was not better....just different. Anyway...I like the BBX. I like the sound particularly the clarity, the layout, the appearance (black face). Its a little larger than the QS and does not have outlets on the rear nor does it have a mute button (no biggie to me). The tape loop sounds better. Listening to a tape of Neil Young "Live at the Phillmore East" I've never heard it sound as clear and open. The mm phono section is very good for a preamp in this price range....Emmy Lou's voice sounds perfect. The preamp is dead quiet at idle and paired with the horn monos (also very quiet) when you hear the music start its from a black background. Its' an extremely good value.

I suggest that we get Mark Deneen to end his retirement and start producing more great gear. And thanks to forum member TK49 for making the transaction a pleasure and preserving this little gem.

Cheers gentlemen!

blocked??? wtf??? dont get that at all- call me on my cell 704 996- 9704- anytime after 6.

That was Robert lucas not George Lucas. Too much[D] [D][D] on my part

Also check out tab beniot on Telark records- killer blues- Thinking of joining the Charlotte blues society- might be some fun outings.

really into blues on the VRDS. Gotta go outside nad burn a cigar before it gets dark

Sipping on a Herradura Silver tequiula mixed with triple sec and lime- mighty fine

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet in the place tonight.... I've got the jukebox all to myself.

I'm heading over to hear Keith Emerson and Greg Lake play at 8:00 (at least 2/3's of th great ELP).

Meanwhile a glass of vino and some goobers will have to do. More later....

Well, it's Sunday evening and I'm still working on those "goobers." However, a nice pair of ribeyes are waiting for the grill. Will be shifting to the outside deck soon; cigar in hand with another glass of vino. Life is good. My best to all.. Boxx