3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Hey guys, hope all is well around the Klipsch World. Finally got my backpay, so drinks are on me. They owed me $2349. I got $1100 and the rest went to taxes! Can you believe that? They kept over half of it for taxes. Hello, Mr. Obama--I ain't part of the rich. I make less than $250K, so why has my tax burden increased? Don't answer that anyone, i'm just whinning a bit. The $1100 came in handy because i had to pay a $690 traffic ticket. Goodbye Cornwalls that I wanted to buy.

take a stoll down memory lane. What is the first alcoholic drink that you remember having? You can list the first hard drink and first beer. For me, i went camping with my cousins when i was 14. spent the entire weekend drinking Miller High Life. Back in my high school days, it was either Bacardi 151 or Two Fingers Tequila. *Steve*

bass made fools out of us. 2 big boys broke our lines like sewing thread. Using lite spinning tackle. what a joke. brought a knife to a gun fight. 6+ pound class.using Shimmano Stella spinning reeels with all star graphite rods. world class tackle. should have been up to the task.

What pound test line was on those reels? Although if the fish decide they don't want to be caught they'll find a way to make you look like a fool. I guess that's why it's called "fishing" and not "catching". I went out yesterday on lake atlantic few a few hours to one of the artificial reefs a couple of miles offshore. I could have waterskied out there it was so calm. Only a couple undersized black seabass and a few bluefish to show for my efforts. I was hoping to entice some spanish mackeral or possibly a cobia but it wasn't going to happen.

Enjoying a Saranac pale ale (or three) on this hot afternoon. Weather man is calling for 105 heat indices the next couple of days. Stay cool gentlemen.

Carl

Chili- some kind of 6 lb premium Berkely line. Last second surges at the dock broke the line- Line is 2 seasons old. will be replaced before next time.

look on your Ocean map and see if you see Ennis rock or Ennis reef. Friend of mine died from cancer. A bunch of money was raised in his honor and a bagre was sunk in his honor. Has to be in your area. We fished of Lockwood Folly nearly every weekend when he was alive in his 24 ft Albermarle. We would go out 40-60 miles- leave at Dawn- bring back tons of fish- tuna- dolphin- ect. Sell them to the ice house guy at Holden Beach. I really miss that.

Too hot to fish here . Sipping on a screw driver mixed with triple filtered Smirnoff- bought it real cheap- 15.00 - not bad for the money.

Getting ready to spin some vinyl and CDs on the tubes

Cheers gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool -makes me feel good to know that people know of it. We spent many hours in that area- got the location odff his Loran. to sink the barge Maybe someday I will get back out there. Maybe charter a boat to fish that area. Lots of memories.

I will be off the radar for a while- Heading to Canada -business travel- gone until next week unless I can get to a computer. Going to some world class resturant in Montreal -cant wait to taste the food- not looking foward to traveling.

You guys keep the bar open and save my seat for next week-

All the best to my bar buds- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take that round after a brutal business trip to Canada. Awful travel schedule getting up at 5 to return then working for 7 hours. Fights with hotel clerks over not having rooms- over booked and 2 hour waits to take off due to control tower F ups. On the good side- un real food and wine. 6 to a pound shrimp from Thialand. 3 pound lobsters- Kansas dry aged prime beef- bluefin tuna tartare with raw quail eggs.Lobster tempura. maxed out my company credit card.

2 nights at the same resturant- Queve Laval in Montreal- maybe one of the best resturants on the planet. 2500.00 in 2 nights. glad it was not my money.

Recovering at home - sipping a variety of beers. trying to get over the trip.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend

Cheers- Next round is on me.

I've got four racks of pork ribs to put on the grill in about 15 minutes.... Should be outstanding... Happy Father's Day to all the dad's. Boxx....

A good cigar is in order for tonight, as well...

I've been enjoying the college world series wishing I could have gone to a game or two. TCU had a heck of a comback last night, however I think UCLA will take it all.

Despite my team not being there... drinks are on me tonight!

Shoot, I barely have time to follow the Giants! Baseball is an awesome game, no matter what level. Seriously, I can enjoy a random t-ball game as much as a world series game. The same (ok, similar) beautiful tensions are there no matter who is playing.

Making spaghetti tonight. Dovey's chicken was served last night!!

Cruisng through the week- playing catchup from the Canada trip last week. Went to a party last night launching the new 2011 Porsche Cayene. Lots of free catered Ruth Chris beef tenderloin-out of this world. free wine and cheesecake. my kind of deal - free and good.

Gotta hit the liquior store tonite - trying out a new small batch burbon- mitchners american whiskey or something like that. rave reviews. many of my friends have switched from single malt to this.We will see.

Have not had a cigar in 2 weeks- Dont smoke in the house- have not had time- have to fix that problem over the weekend.

It is hot as blazes here- high 90s- beer weather and drinking plenty of it- and oh yes the- red wine for medicinal purposes only--

Cheer to all my bar buds

Well the beer fairy came to my house this evening. The local liquor store had a sale to reduce beer inventory and I picked up some Becks Light, Hogshead Ale mixed case for $5, a case of St. Paulie for $5, and a case of Fosters for $5. So for $15 I ended up with 3 cases of beer. It's all in the fridge chillin.

Good score EM3.

A 2006 Sonoma Cutrer on the patio. Looking forward to July....June was the month from hell!

A little cooler today and the humidity has lifted for now. A long weekend and a trip to the ABC are in order.

Cheers buds!

Drinking multiple Jack and cokes tonite. Getting ready to sear some fresh tuna on the chef's pan over some Boston lettuce.

Pulled some 97 Californa cabs from my storage locker last week. Also some 2001/2002 Aussie Syrahs. Life is good.

Cheers to all the bar buds- Happy 4th.Celebrate American freedom while we still can.