3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Since folks seem to be in the prayin' mood [;)], I'd ask that those so inclined say one or two for my 89 year old mother-in-law Daisy. I've been taking her to doctor appointments (since everyone else in the family seems to have regular jobs), and two weeks ago, she had surgery to remove a growth from her vocal cords. Turned out to be malignant. Late last week she had a PET scan, and today we met with an oncologist. Good news, it's only in her larynx, it's treatable with radiation, and she has a 90+% chance of being cured. 6-1/2 weeks, and her throat will get dang sore, but her chances are great that she'll come out OK.

Thank you guys....your support means so much. Julia had the heart catherization yesterday and it went fine. The damage report is the torn mitral valve, significant blockages in the arteries to the front and rear of her heart and some blockage to the side artery. On the positive side her arteries appear atypical for someone who has had diabetes for 55 years. The arteries appear "plump" and in good shape except for the blockages.

We got home this afternoon and will be returning to Duke on August 12, and surgery will happen on the 13th. Recuperation will take 7-10 days in the hospital primarily because they have to break the breast bone to do the surgery. We wil certainly need your support again at that time. We are confident with the plan we have in place and decided to wait till the 12th so the best surgeon would be available. We are also very pleased with the cardiologist and the head of transplant services.

Fini.....best wishes for the mother-in-law. I hope everything goes well.

Hope everyone else is okay and thanks again.

Chuck

Enjoying a Wild Turkey with a splash of water this evening while trying to figure out what went wrong with the fishies this morning. Trolled for 3 hours with one bluefish to show for the effort. The conditions were a little sporty during the troll so tried a little bottom fishing and nada... I think the east wind was shutting the bite down. Must have been wearing fish repellent today. Came home, cleaned the boat and commenced to drinking. At least I can catch a buzz. Listening to some Steely Dan and winding down the evening. Everyone have a round on me.

Carl

Chuck, I'm glad to hear things are going well. We will continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers!

My mother-in-law is doing well. She starts radiation a week from tomorrow, and I'm getting offers from a lot of family members to help with daily transportation.

Yesterday I had a truck repair experience that definitely deserves a toast! Last Wednesday my 1994 Toyota PU (with the new engine) decided not to start. I was in a huge hurry, and didn't have time to troubleshoot, so I borrowed my mother-in-law's Avalon. It looked hot with my carpentry tools in the trunk and on the leather seats...Anyway, Saturday I had time to work on the truck. Long story short: It was the battery! I've never been more relieved with a car repair...Drinks on me!!!

About time for that 5 o'clock whistle......actually I took the afternoon off so it whistled at 12 o'clock for me. Bar is looking a little pitifull so it will probably be an absolut martini.

Talked with Craig yesterday and he has finished a deluxe rebuild of my HK A500 integrated amp. Should be good for another twenty years.

Next Friday......surgery day for the wife is closing fast. Trying not to think about it and enjoy this weekend.

Hoping everyone is well. Winchester......was that you that got the 15 millon job thread locked[;)]

Cheers gentlemen!

Winchester......was that you that got the 15 millon job thread lockedWink

Actually Winchester was the voice of reason. I think it got locked as it was creeping very close to a political discussion which is a no no. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Finally got back online yesterday after our internet service was taken out by lightning last Tuesday. Hope everyone is doing well. Just finished my diet ginger ale.

Prayers for Julia and Chuck as Julia goes in for heart surgery Friday. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.