3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Cheers gentlemen. Glad someone opened the bar. Congrats on the job Ace.

Julia was at Duke for 27 days and now back in Wilmington in a rehab center to get her back on her feet. She is making a little progress every day and that is incouraging. I have spent the last four weekends at Duke as well as days in between so I am glad she is closer to home. Medicare and I bought her a lift chair that helps her get up and down. Kind of funny.....medicare paid for the motor and I paid for the recliner but it was good to get the help.

Weary to the bone here so a little jack black on the rocks and an early night. Any of you guys heard from winchester?

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you Chuck. A Sierra Mist here. Hope Julia is on the road to recovery. Still in my thoughts and prayers.

And Winchester too, though I forget what he's up to.

A looooong work at week. Difficulty sleeping practically all week. Time to crash and burn for a few hours. Then referee a soccer game and finish up some operating system testing before Sunday morning upgrad when I test again and hopw everything works as it should. I just couldn't get to this past week. Way too busy the next week.

And Winchester too, though I forget what he's up to.

Hi Ben,

Winchester's father has kidney failure and not expected to recover. Please keep him in your thoughts as you have for us.

Chuck

Will do Chuck.

Thoughts and prayers for Winchester's father and family and continuing for Julia and Chuck and Gregg's mother in law.

We actually got some good news this past week. Alea's shoulder has been bothering her for quite some time and wasn't getting any better so she visited a surgeon and he doesn't think she needs surgery just needs to continue her exercises and allowed to do anything. Even throw the shot put. He said that would be painful but that it wouldn't hurt her shoulder.

Ben, thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers for Daisy. Shot put? Is Alea on the track team, or just trying to impress her friends?[;)] She impresses me...

In a personal note, I go in on Tuesday for a pair of epidurals (one each side). Not a big deal, procedure-wise, I just hope it gives me significant relief. At least I'll have nice drugs for a bit...[:P]

Peace to you all tonight, my friends!

Shot put? Is Alea on the track team, or just trying to impress her friends?Wink She impresses me...

She just loves to "throw". She was on the track team in 7th grade and was really looking forward to 8th grade but was dizzy and out of school January through March and couldn't do track. She was hoping to break her sister's middle school shot put record. She also loves to toss the discuss. This for a child who's always not had the greatest sense of balance. She did very well in both. Often getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, maybe even placing at most if not all meets as 7th grader. Stomped the 8th graders in both events on her team. She placed 1st in discuss in her first meet by a pretty good margin and had never tossed one before. I don't think she ever even tried the spin move...

Began home schooling her freshman year after being sick and out of school 6 days of first 2 weeks so can't join the track team which is what she misses the most. No home school track teams around here that we know of. She plays basketball and wants to play soccer really bad but no girls team and they couldn't get enough girls to start one and they won't let the girls play on the boys home school team. The boys are probably afraid the girls would school them.... and they probably would. I think there is some thought that girls aren't tough enough for soccer.

I think there a couple of home school soccer teams within reasonable distance so she will most likely try to play with one of them next fall unless they can start their own. They may be able to get enough girls if they start now.

We really need to find her a track team or a way to throw shot and discuss. She'll probably take her shot put and dent up the back yard now that the doctor said putting the shot won't hurt anything. He said it will be painful until things get better but she's got a pretty high pain threshold.

I start a new job and have no time and the bar seems to die...has nobody relaxed with a drink and some tunes in the last 9 days?

I pretty much am continually drinking. You want me to report every cocktail?Wink

Yes!!! With details on the music and how your innermost psyche was affected by the whole experience....

Scuse me, just a minute.....

Yo, Baby!!! Hand me another Cold Sam Adams!!!

Whew, that was close!!!

Anyhoo, what were we discussin?.....

[H]

Today started out wonderful. Took Alea to her audiologist to get her hearing aid adjusted. Their server was down. Couldn't do anything. Over 3 hour road trip for naught.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Prayers for Chuck and Julia, Fini and his mother in law, and Winchester and his father in law and family.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week.

Sippin' on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, cooking a meatloaf, and waiting for the Giants game to start. I'm happy to report the twin epidurals I got last week are helping me tremendously! It's wild, not only my back, but my knees and ankles are doing better. Obviously, they found "the spot." I'm trying to be very careful and not blow it by doing something stupid. My MIL is doing better, but still hasn't got a voice. She leaves voice messages, and I have to call her back to get some clue what she's talking about! Thanks for all the well-wishes!!

glad to hear the epidurals are working fini. i'm sure that GREAT outing by Timmy Lincecum took the rest of the pain away. Man was he hot! Watched every pitch and loved it. Wish I could have been there. A great ballpark too, went there a couple years ago--very beautiful place.

Thought I would open the bar tonight...having some beer and pizza. I will raise a glass to Winchester, hope things get better and you will join us in the bar soon enough.

More or less of the same around here...busy with work. Got my son's 2nd birthday next weekend...family invading from everywhere. Got a couple of my fish tanks out of the garage and up and running...I can get a car in there now haha. Bought a new to me Rega Bria amp for the Heresy's...nice little 30W amp, I am pleased.

Hope I scored a deal on a grill. Been scouring for a Traeger for awhile with no luck. Found one in Chicago that was involved in a grease fire...going up on monday to grab it for next to nothing. According to owner, it needs a cleaning, paint job and a new thermostat. It is a good older American made one, although not sure what model it is.

Cheers and best wishes to everyone!

ACE

Ok I am back- long story short- my father passed away- severe kidney failure- suffering was minimal. Pretty bummed out and numb from the whole ordeal. Trying to stay busy- fast car stuff- adult go kart racing-lots of range time with my beloved HK pistols- several spot and stalk extreme hunts on the leased property down in the swamp with the deer, copperheads, wild boars, coyotes, and many other non game animals- have not killed anything(I am very picky about what I choose to shoot) but many up close and personal priceless expierences with deer- coopers hawks and other wildlife- I am covered with bruises and insect bites but it is a hell of a rush crawiling through the swamp with a shotgun coming within several feet of wild animals. Very theraputic- takes me away from my problems.

work is a living horrible hell- I am hopelessly swamped and I have people asigned to help me dig out after this. Busy beyond belief.

My drink of choice during this ordeal has been makers 46- home run effort.

Chuck- I thought about you and your wife throughout this nightmare- I pray that she is better- call me if you need somebody to talk to.

SWMBO decided we WILL go on a diet.... It all started with the "Do I look fat in these pants?" To which I replied, "Of course not!".... But it was a trap, my friends! A cleverly disguised trap!!! She then said that I knew she was getting some heft in the rumpus room area, and that my answer was just another indicator that I was not paying attention!!! Can't win... But I'm dying... 6'1" and 190, and while I'd like to go back to 175, this "Vegetable Madness" menu is very frustrating, to say the least.

Livin' in Florida, of course she decides on the South Beach version.... All beer, wine, etc is banned... I'm going crazy, so I asked her if I could at least have a couple of Mick Ultra limes today. She relented, only because I promised her new bed stand end tables.....

What goes better with lettuce, spinach and radish salad? MGD's or Mick Ultra's?

[H]